Is a passport required for boarding?

marias183

I am a US citizen. I am living in the UK currently. I want to take a Westbound Transatlantic cruise to the USA, with no stops. It ends in Brooklyn.

Do I need a passport to board the cruise or just a birth certificate and photo ID? It is all very confusing for me.

Thanks.

Would be interested to know how you managed to get to UK in the first place without a passport, or perhaps you had one and let it expire. If you have your expired one it should be very easy to get a new one at the nearest US Consulate.

I am a US citizen. I am living in the UK currently. I want to take a Westbound Transatlantic cruise to the USA, with no stops. It ends in Brooklyn.

Do I need a passport to board the cruise or just a birth certificate and photo ID? It is all very confusing for me.

Thanks.

Have you never heard of 9/11?:confused:

Westbound transatlantic with no stops? How did you all miss this one??

while I don't understand your point, is it any different from a flight at Heathrow to NY --- no stops either but you still need a passport. You always did from the UK. At least for the past 50 years.

while I don't understand your point, is it any different from a flight at Heathrow to NY --- no stops either but you still need a passport. You always did from the UK. At least for the past 50 years.

Sigh. Never mind.

Archived