Officially booked...with babies!

DaisyGirl55

Officially booked our second family cruise, and this time we are bringing my 2 grandchildren: Makenna will be 19 months and Braden will be 9 months. We managed to scoop a couple of adjoining rooms oceanview, so that will make it easier to take care of the babies. We will have Makenna with us, and Braden will be with my DS and DIL. My other two DS's will have their own inside cabin across the hall along with my other 2 DIL's.

I am SO EXCITED to cruise for a week with my family. I have picked up some great tips from this board, and to all of you parents out there cruising with your kids...I learn something new with every post I read. This is a great forum to exchange ideas and ask questions. Thanks!

There are those who will say that crusing with babies that young is a waste of money, an inconvenience to other passengers, takes up too much room in the cabin, causes delays at dinner...blah-blah-blah...I can go on and on - but I won't. All of that will not matter when I look back at the photos we will have, when I have the memories of being with my family, when the time that we will be spending together is more positive than anything negative I will hear.

My cruise is going to be fantastic...and I am counting down the days!

Officially booked our second family cruise, and this time we are bringing my 2 grandchildren: Makenna will be 19 months and Braden will be 9 months. We managed to scoop a couple of adjoining rooms oceanview, so that will make it easier to take care of the babies. We will have Makenna with us, and Braden will be with my DS and DIL. My other two DS's will have their own inside cabin across the hall along with my other 2 DIL's.

I am SO EXCITED to cruise for a week with my family. I have picked up some great tips from this board, and to all of you parents out there cruising with your kids...I learn something new with every post I read. This is a great forum to exchange ideas and ask questions. Thanks!

There are those who will say that crusing with babies that young is a waste of money, an inconvenience to other passengers, takes up too much room in the cabin, causes delays at dinner...blah-blah-blah...I can go on and on - but I won't. All of that will not matter when I look back at the photos we will have, when I have the memories of being with my family, when the time that we will be spending together is more positive than anything negative I will hear.

My cruise is going to be fantastic...and I am counting down the days!

I'm with you! We are leaving in two weeks on a family cruise. Brothers, cousins, father, hubby, my 2 DD's one DSL and most importantly, my one and only grandson who is 9 months old. I cannot wait to spend the week with all of them. Family times....making memories...it doesn't get any better then that does it? :)

I also agree with you. I am booked for an April cruise and my boy will be 9 months. I think it will be a challenge that I am looking forward to. Also this will be my fifth cruise and second with a video camera. I took it on my last cruise and I've watched that 5hr video at least 30 times in less than six months. I suggest all cruisers to buy a video camera, especially those with kids. Pictures just don't tell the whole story and feeling of a cruise.

We just returned from an 8-day cruise, celebrating my grandmother's 90th birthday. EVERYONE went, 20 of us in total, from my 90 yo grandmother to my 4 month old daughter: cousins, aunts/uncles, siblings, and it was WONDERFUL to have the whole family together.

Of course my 4 month old won't remember (how many times did I hear that?). But, my grandmother was overjoyed to share the time with her great granddaughter (and her other six great grandchildren!), and we were all thrilled to be together.

Enjoy every moment of your trip and being with your family!

It's wonderful you and your family are cruising together (grandkids and all). Those memories you are creating are priceless. In the past we have always cruised with our parents. My 8 yr old dd and 4ds have always cruised with their memere and pepere. My daughter has many wonderful memories. Unfortunatley, my dm is battling pancreatic cancer and has canceled her trip on the AOS with us this June. Needless to say I am devestated. This is our first cruise without them. :(

I say go and enjoy your family. This summer I know when I see other multigenerational families on our cruise in June it will be bitter sweet.:)

You all will have a wonderful time! I am trying to get my parents to go on the cruise with us in July. My mom is not keen on the idea. We would have such a great time with them. You are a great grandma! We are on the Glory right before you......

Take care,

sandi

Have a wonderful time! I totally agree about creating memories and having photos to cherish. We are cruising in 3 weeks with my DS who will be 13 months, our DD who is 14 and she's bringing a friend. 2 years ago we went with our 3 kids (17, 14 and 12 at that time) and my parents and it was wonderful! My parents got to spend lots of quality time with us, my youngest DD especially enjoyed it. We were hoping they would come along this time but they are about to start a major home remodel.

Archived