bringing water and soda onboard

drbel

Does RCCL allow you to bring soda or bottled water on board? If yes, how much? If I remember correctly, last time we went on carnival, we took a 12 pack per person. What about RC?

I've hard of people doing it, but haven't tried it myself. Who would have room now, with all the luggage restrictions the airlines are imposing??

I called RC Crown & Anchor Club and asked about how much pop and water can be brought aboard. The answer was, "None! It is against regulations."

I asked, where I can find that in the contract. The answer was, "I don't know, but it is the rule."

So I asked who could tell me were to find this "rule" in the contract. She said she'd have to check. After a ten minuted wait she came back and told me that her supervisor wasn't sure where it was in the contract but that it was the rule. She said if I wanted to spend the money, that was my decision, but that it would all be confiscated at the dock.

Welcome to Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Club.

I've hard of people doing it, but haven't tried it myself. Who would have room now, with all the luggage restrictions the airlines are imposing??

The answer is to not fly with it. Buy it at the point of departure of the cruise.

I have not heard of this being forbidden by the cruise line. Do keep in mind that the "tap" water on Royal Caribbean is more pure than most bottled waters. It may be better to just bring a couple of bottles to use while at port. While on board the ship, might as well save money, hassle, and the landfills by drinking the ship water.

We had no trouble in November. We brought a 24 pack of water and a 12 pack of Diet Pepsi. I wrapped packing tape around the packs to hold them tight and taped on the luggage tag. Some say the water on board is more pure, but taste is an issue for me and I wanted something I could depend on. I carried a bottle of water all around the ship and believe it helped me keep the pounds off by not stopping at the bar too often.

Oh, I forgot to add that she (rep at RC Crown & Anchor) did say that if I needed it for my baby's formula that was okay. (At 65 years of age, thank God I don't need it for my baby!) Other than that the only way I could bring any liquid drink on board was if I also brought a doctor's letter saying I had to have a certain thing that was not available on the ship.

I realize people do it all the time--at least on every cruise I've been on. I just hate to be talked down to like that by a ship rep who is supposed to be promoting good will. Either have a rule, make everyone aware of it, and enforce it with all, or don't have the rule to begin with.

Oh well, I have to forget about this and get ready to have a great cruise next weekend.

Oh, I forgot to add that she (rep at RC Crown & Anchor) did say that if I needed it for my baby's formula that was okay. (At 65 years of age, thank God I don't need it for my baby!) Other than that the only way I could bring any liquid drink on board was if I also brought a doctor's letter saying I had to have a certain thing that was not available on the ship.

I realize people do it all the time--at least on every cruise I've been on. I just hate to be talked down to like that by a ship rep who is supposed to be promoting good will. Either have a rule, make everyone aware of it, and enforce it with all, or don't have the rule to begin with.

Oh well, I have to forget about this and get ready to have a great cruise next weekend.

My "baby" is 13. He does need his water. Maybe that'll work. VOYAGER 3/9/08 See ya there! Already packing!!!

I called RC Crown & Anchor Club and asked about how much pop and water can be brought aboard. The answer was, "None! It is against regulations."

I asked, where I can find that in the contract. The answer was, "I don't know, but it is the rule."

So I asked who could tell me were to find this "rule" in the contract. She said she'd have to check. After a ten minuted wait she came back and told me that her supervisor wasn't sure where it was in the contract but that it was the rule. She said if I wanted to spend the money, that was my decision, but that it would all be confiscated at the dock.

Welcome to Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Club.

We were told the exact opposite by RCCL and I've never heard of anyone having trouble. It is no where in any of the information that RCCL provides so I think that they would have a difficult time justifying confiscating it.

We took on an entire suitcase with soda, juice, and water. We didn't have any problems and didn't feel that we were being sneeky about it either. We'll do the same on our next cruise too unless information shows up from RCCL to the contrary.

We were told the exact opposite by RCCL and I've never heard of anyone having trouble. It is no where in any of the information that RCCL provides so I think that they would have a difficult time justifying confiscating it.

We took on an entire suitcase with soda, juice, and water. We didn't have any problems and didn't feel that we were being sneeky about it either. We'll do the same on our next cruise too unless information shows up from RCCL to the contrary.

We've taken bottled water onboard nearly every cruise, and the only time anyone said ANYTHING one of the porters on the pier asked us to leave the bottles in the case rather than packing them in a suitcase- they like to know before the pick it up that it will be heavy! Just attach a luggage tag to the case, or carry it on yourself. I've seen lots of people do that!

Archived