Exiting ship for private tour

We (a group of 18) have booked a two day private tour with Denrus. They

stress the importance of getting off the ship once it has cleared customs.

Can anyone share their experience. Is it a problem getting off before or with the ship tours ??? Oops, we will be on Celebrity's Constellation.

We were on the same cruise 2 years ago and used Denrus also. We all met and when the ship was cleared, we just walked right off. No one stopped us or said a word. We had heard all kinds of rumors about the ships tours going first and private tours after that. We had decided to be a very determined group but, it was a breeze and all our worries were for naught.

Carol

I don't think you'll have any problem getting off early. I wasn't on Celebrity, I was on HAL. The ship's cruise director asked all of us taking private tours to please get off first thing to make it easier for them to organize all the people going on "ships" tours. I suspect it will be the same on Celebrity.

I was on the Star last year and when the announcement was made at 6:30AM and I was the first person off the ship. Our group went through Russian Immigration in about 2 minutes and Denrus was there waiting for us. The answer to your question is "NO", you shouldn't have any problems. Ken...

Archived