Star Flyer cruise reports in Tahiti?

AirbusPat

Howdy fellow cruisers

We haven't been to Tahiti since 1994 on the Windsong. It was one of our favorite cruises. We are booked for December 7 on the Star Flyer in Tahiti and would like to see some cruise reports from previous cruises. We have been on the Star Clipper in the Caribbean and loved it.

Some questions we have are: Did you set up your own flights or go with Star Clipper's set up?

How about day rooms? Last time we stayed at the Sofitel by the airport for our early A.M. arrival and midnight departure, it was very nice.

Any recommendations are welcome. We are really looking forward to this cruise and hope to make it an annual event.

AirbusPat:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just back from Polynesia where I had 3 fantastic weeks on Star Flyer with a nice Captain, perfect cruise director and crew. Star Clippers has a deal with the Radisson Hotel Tahiti where is also a Star Clippers hostess at check-in days. It's not a luxury but nice resort with big and clean rooms. Transfers organized by Star Clippers were managed excellent. Plan a few days before your cruise to avoid problems with Air Tahiti Nui . We had several flight changes and our 3 days stay in Radisson has been reduced to one. My experience with flights booked via Star Clippers Germany was good, they organized the changes from ATN very well and had better fares than I could find in the net. But I don't know the US office...

Archived