Extra Day in Honolulu?

eki

Hi - I need opinions please :)

My husband and I will be cruising on RCCL Legend of the Seas on Oct. 31. The cruise lasts 11 days, with the first 5 being at sea. We'll end up in Honolulu on the last day (a Thursday morning). We've been considering staying an extra day in Honolulu (since we won't see Honolulu if we depart right away). We're a little worried though, because we have never been on vacation for that long (longest is 7 days). Do you think we'll be ready to go home by then and wish we were leaving right away? Or, is Hawaii (Honolulu) so pretty that it'll be no problem??

Thanks!
eki

You won't have a second thought about staying on Oahu at least an extra day. I'd make it 2 at least. Lots on Oahu. After you island hop for 6 days, you will NEED the layover on Oahu, trust me.

You can get a rental on the beautiful windward shore where some beaches have it all over Waikiki, it's much less congested, less expensive, more beautiful, IMO. Yes, do see Waikiki but the best isn't there. Again, IMO.

Sammy

Absolutely agree with everyone above. We sailed on the Serenade this past May from Ensenada to Honolulu, got off the ship on a Thursday and stayed three days in Waikiki before boarding a plane to come home. Wish we could have stayed a week longer. Everyone (including the five year old granddaughter) were disappointed when we headed to the airport to catch our flight home. So much to see, so much to do......absolutely beautiful island. Don't miss any of it while you are there.

Our only difference was that we flew into Honolulu, and spent 3 days before our cruise. Having said that, I totally agree with what everyone else has been saying. Spend a couple of extra days, drive around the windward (east) side of the island, visit the North Shore. I guarantee, you won't regret it

Archived