Formal wear for petite sizes

I'm 5'1, weigh 108 and 37 yo...most places around where I live the petite section is more for my grandmothers age but if you do have a Marshels, TJmaxx or Ross check them out... I found some really cute dresses that I liked:)

I have an awful time with jeans...seems that they are to low(in juniors) or to high in the petite/womans sections. I did find some at Goodys by Ashley Judd that fit pretty good....I also wear Levis but they discontinued my faves:( Ebay here I come...LOL! Sorry a little off topic there:o

I love looking at everyones dresses keep em coming!:D :p

Ok. So I am breaking down and putting a link to one of the dresses I bought. I hate the way this dress looks on the model, I suppose because you can't tell how much it sparkles. Also, on me it's almost to my ankles and I completely fill in the bust ;) . So I guess all in all, I give it much more shape, but then again, it is STILL a junior prom dress!

I want honest opinions - I don't want to look like a fool! I'll return it in a flash. I have also ordered several other dresses via the links you wonderful people have given me. All hope is not lost!!

http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?DeptID=50455&CatID=54692&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=137fe5e&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CmCatId=50455|51280|54692

Sorry I did not see your previous post. I really like it!! Believe me you will not look like a fool! I think its the kind of dress that any age could pull off:)

Edited to add: If you DD told you it looks good take her word for it! Most teens(I know mine do, LOL) are very honest and straight forward with their opinions:)

Honestly, I agree with your DD. This dress is absolutely stunning!

I don't think it looks prom-y at all! It's a classic shape and a lovely understated color. If it fits well on you, go for it! :)

I don't actually think that looks much like a prom dress at all and to me is a little too 'old' for the model. It would be a pretty conservative prom dress!

It's lovely and rather classic--I'd wear it and I'm 62!

Archived