Cruise to Norwegian Fjords vs. Baltic w/3yo??

Successea

I'm concerned with a few things. We're booked on Princess doing Fjords, Iceland, Ireland yet I'm concerned with the weather, seas and kids club on Princess. The only alternative for the 2 weeks we can go this summer is Carnival Splendor which does the Baltic. A brand new ship but I'm a Royal Carribbean cruiser so not sure about Carnival. We're not the young party type. Older parents that like to spa etc...

If anyone has taken Baltic or Fjords esp with children I'd love to hear what you're experience has been. Differences in weather, seas and kids programs are a big concern. Thanks in advance...

We went on the Jewel of the Seas out of Harwich on the Baltic tour. My kids were older than your 3 year old (12 & 10), but we did find some kid friendly shore execursions such as a speed boat ride in Helsinki. Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen is also lots of fun - even with small children. The Hop On Hop Off buses are available right next to the ship in many ports and are an easy, very informal way to get around with kids. St. Petersburg is probably the toughest port with small kids as your freedom and mobility is more limited. The only tour my kids really liked in St. Pertersburg was the visit to Peterhof for all the fountains and park-like setting. Our ship had a fair number of kids on board but certainly less than what one sees in the Caribbean.

I think the other ship you are interested in is the Carnival Splendor. I think your kids would have more fun on that ship than on Princess.

As for the Baltics or the Fyords, these destination attract fewer families in general but I think you'll find more on Carnival. The Splendor looks awesome. You are going to have some motion on the shp- more so than in the Caribbean.

Take Bonine- works well.

Archived