Westerdam question

tutak

We have never sail HAL, but are considering the Westerdam. In looking at the brochure, it appears to me that the VC balconies are larger than the others. Is this true, or our my old eyes deceiving me?

The rooms with the largest balconies are on deck 4. Deck 4 extends a little bit beyond the other decks above. Those on higher decks can look down a little bit on deck 4 balconies. There are various classes of rooms on deck 4 depending on location (VD, VC, etc.)

What about VF? Any details would be appreciated...:)
The deck 4 VFs (4005 through 4042) have 7.5' x 9' verandas ... BUT have steel-walled railings. The deck 5 VFs other than the four HC cabins at "the bends" have 4.5' x 9' verandas. Those four cabins (5051, 5054, 5137, and 5140) have slightly more balcony room because of the slant.

The deck 4 VFs (4005 through 4042) have 7.5' x 9' verandas ... BUT have steel-walled railings. The deck 5 VFs other than the four HC cabins at "the bends" have 4.5' x 9' verandas. Those four cabins (5051, 5054, 5137, and 5140) have slightly more balcony room because of the slant.

I'm amazed at your detailed descriptions of the different balconies. :) Nice work...how come you know so much?;) And thanks...we are in one of the 51's and happy to, since it is a result of a very unexpected upgrade. Thanks for the information.

I'm amazed at your detailed descriptions of the different balconies. :) Nice work...how come you know so much?;)
I'm retired, and do a lot of reading here! And for questions that come up repeatedly (like balconies), when I go on cruises I try to get definitive answers. :cool:

I'm retired, and do a lot of reading here! And for questions that come up repeatedly (like balconies), when I go on cruises I try to get definitive answers. :cool:

Thanks...you are quite efficient!!:) Perhaps you should be a Host/ess on CC. You are very well informed!;)

Archived