Noise in Mariner aft cabins?

Dreps

We cruised on the Mariner to Alaska in August in a mid-ship cabin on deck 7 (735), which was great. We are considering another cruise, but the cabin available in our price range is very near the back of the ship (776). One of us is a prettly light sleeper. Will we hear more noise from the propulsion system back there, especially since we're on a low deck? (I have read much about the issue of virbration in the rear of the Voyager, but I don't recall noise being an issue.) Any experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dreps

Dreps:

Hi again! First, we were one of those who had problems with a vibrating suite on the Voyager. And where there is vibration, there is noise. In our Voyager suite, ceiling pannels "buzzed" and items on table tops rattled. But second, we have also cruised the Mariner, and never noticed any undue and excessive vibrations anywhere on that ship. But we must keep in mind that all ships will have some vibration at some times, as will most all mechanical devices.

All this being said, I believe that ANY ship (even one with no undue vibration problems) will have more noise on the stern than mid-ship. It is only natural, as on the stern we are closer to the engine and propulsion system.

Hope this helps,

Richard;) ;) ;)

Archived