Just back from Victory Cruise

grandmato4

I keep reading about the seahorses that like to 'bite' people. I am guessing they are statues that people tend to walk into A LOT and get hurt. My DD & I will be sailing on the Victory in June and I would like to know where the seahorses are located so that we can steer clear of them. We both have a tendency to walk into inanimate objects that don't 'give'.

Thanks,

The seahorses are at the end of each side the staircases. They are easy to walk into if you round the corners too closely to go down or up the next set of stairs. My DH wasn't the least bit concerned about them before we left BUT after we boarded the ship and I pointed them out to him and, shall I say, he stood very close to one and realized exactly how painful a bit from the top of one could be to a male, he made sure he stayed clear of them for the rest of the week :eek: :D The lower part of the seahorses could be very painful to a shin of anyone !! Now that I think of it, my DH usually enjoys taking the stairs but on this cruise we took the elevators an awful lot ! ;)

The seahorses are at the end of each side the staircases. They are easy to walk into if you round the corners too closely to go down or up the next set of stairs. My DH wasn't the least bit concerned about them before we left BUT after we boarded the ship and I pointed them out to him and, shall I say, he stood very close to one and realized exactly how painful a bit from the top of one could be to a male, he made sure he stayed clear of them for the rest of the week :eek: :D The lower part of the seahorses could be very painful to a shin of anyone !! Now that I think of it, my DH usually enjoys taking the stairs but on this cruise we took the elevators an awful lot ! ;)

Oh my...we may be taking the elevators a lot too. We both tend to round the corners a bit too close at times. Definately don't want to be 'bitten'.

I'm glad your DH took a good look at them and realized they could be very painful to him. Better to look and learn than to experience and learn the painful way :eek: :( .

grandmato4, you are a wealth of information. And you have the best attitude. Luckily, we have the exact same attitude. I don't look for anything wrong and if something is a little dirty or worn out, well, it just makes me feel at home I guess;) Thanks for all your info. Are you gonna post pictures?

grandmato4, you are a wealth of information. And you have the best attitude. Luckily, we have the exact same attitude. I don't look for anything wrong and if something is a little dirty or worn out, well, it just makes me feel at home I guess;) Thanks for all your info. Are you gonna post pictures?

Thanks for the compliments. It's nice to be able to give back after so many other people on CC have helped me with my questions. I suspect you'll have a great time on your cruise with your great attitude. I've never posted pictures but I sure did bring back a lot of them so I'll see what I can do in the next couple days.

Thank you for your time! Like I said before I am not on this ship, but enjoyed your review. I am always looking for a new cruise.:D So many places I wanna go! This cruise we are taking my DS who will be 15 and I HOPE he will enjoy the cruise and the ports that he will want to go again!:D

Thank you for your time! Like I said before I am not on this ship, but enjoyed your review. I am always looking for a new cruise.:D So many places I wanna go! This cruise we are taking my DS who will be 15 and I HOPE he will enjoy the cruise and the ports that he will want to go again!:D

I think your DS would enjoy Paradise Beach if he at all enjoys water fun. The $10 braclet would allow him unlimited use of the snorkling gear, climbing the wall, kayaking, using the trampline, or relaxing on a watermat.

Enjoy your cruise !

can you tell me if any of the bands that played at night were 3 or 4 oriental we seen some a while back and they were really good we are going March 30th also Cant Wait ....

thanks for all the INFO it was great.

No fee to get into Paradise Beach. They do hope that you spend a minimum of $10 pp on food and/or drink. For $10 pp you can purchase a bracelet that allows you unlimited use of the water toys. Its a beautiful beach area with lots of lounge chairs and umbrellas. Nice bathrooms, lockers, a small shopping store, hair braiding, massages, other toys you can purchase like a banana boat ride, wave runners, parasailing, ect. Free internet access for I think it was 10 or 15 minutes at the bar. The drinks were great and while we didn't purchase any the food looked very good and plentiful. Plenty of taxis waiting outside to return you to town or the pier. We really enjoyed our time there.

Just wanted to say the food at Paradise beach was good or better than it looked. Burgers out of this world and the chips and salsa are to die for.

Thanks for your review. BTW I too am a grandma to 4 and it is a WONDERFUL thing. Although I hope someday to be a grandma to 12.

I keep reading about the seahorses that like to 'bite' people. I am guessing they are statues that people tend to walk into A LOT and get hurt. My DD & I will be sailing on the Victory in June and I would like to know where the seahorses are located so that we can steer clear of them. We both have a tendency to walk into inanimate objects that don't 'give'.

Thanks,

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=551352

(some pix in here)

BTW, anyone notice if they repaired the bow that hit the NY pier last July?

Just wanted to say the food at Paradise beach was good or better than it looked. Burgers out of this world and the chips and salsa are to die for.

Thanks for your review. BTW I too am a grandma to 4 and it is a WONDERFUL thing. Although I hope someday to be a grandma to 12.

Glad to hear that the food at Paradise Beach tasted as good as it looked.

Yes, Grandchildren are wonderful aren't they ?? WOO- 12 ?? I'd have to take an extra empty suitcase on vacation just to bring back all the presents ;) Grandsons love the cococut pirate heads we brought back from Jamaica and granddaughter is in love with the seashell necklaces so I guess our cruise was a success !

can you tell me if any of the bands that played at night were 3 or 4 oriental we seen some a while back and they were really good we are going March 30th also Cant Wait ....

thanks for all the INFO it was great.

No I didn't see anyone fitting that discription. The only partial fit would be the jazz pianist who was oriental and she was a fantastic pianist.

Hope you have a great cruise- wish we were going back again with you !!!

MR P-

Sorry to hijack... this would be too funny, but, do you take the LIRR ? I saw a man this morning that looked very much like you

I don't think I've been on the LIRR since 1990, Babylon branch. :p

But, no, I moved off the island back in 2000.

COOL! Goin' for the 9A, I see!

:D:D:D

I'm figuring that (a) it's Doug's and my 25th wedding anniversary (the wedding itself was lousy - my aunt was hit by a car on the way to the reception, which is a great way to put a damper on a wedding - she's fine now, but long way of saying we're not going to take a chance and throw another party to celebrate the anniversary) and (b) it's probably the last time we'll sail Victory, since she's repositioning. I like my sea days too much to take a cruise that doesn't have any sea days.

I saw at the beginning there was onion rings on the Victory? Never have seen these on my previous cruises anyone know where and when they are served?

Thanks

They served the onion rings (breaded whole onion rings) every day at the main pool forward serving line port side with the hamburger/hot dogs on the Victory. Not sure if they had them anywhere else as this is where we always got them.

Enjoy your next cruise !

They served the onion rings (breaded whole onion rings) every day at the main pool forward serving line port side with the hamburger/hot dogs on the Victory. Not sure if they had them anywhere else as this is where we always got them.

Enjoy your next cruise !

Thank you! This is a surprise for my children and 12 other family members who do not think we are going.

Archived