Atlantis Asia Cruise

TimATL

They're keeping it on the down low for now, but sources here and elsewhere say it's definitely going to happen. Given the timing, my guess is that this summer's cruisers (Baltic, Med, London-Barcelona) will all have a crack at it. The late April Club Atlantis Cancun folks might be best positioned for first dibs. This one's going to go fast.

from the Azamara Cruise website... The Azamara //QUEST// arrives in Hong Kong 0700 March 27, 2009 from a 14 day cruisearound Japan. The next cruise published leaves Singapore 1700 April 07, 2009 for a 24 day positioning cruise to Athens. Site shows all inside and suites sold out on this cruise. There is a gap on the official web site for the Quest. March 27, 2009 to April 07, 2009. Atlantis always charters the whole ship. The Azamara QUEST is similiar to the Oceania INSIGNA, which Atlantis chartered for its South American cruise which took place over Carnival in RIO. The ship holds less than 700 passengers. Let your imagination run wild in Viet Nam, Thailand before arriving in Singapore....

Rich Campbell (Pres of Atlantis Events) has confirmed at prior "ask Atlantis" sessions, that it is the Azamara ship, and the plan is for March of 2009.

Cruisingpeter (and someone else) mentioned the "Quest", but Rich said "Journey" at the Baltics session back in September. Rich did say Hong Kong to Singapore, with overnight in Bangkok, and one/two stops in Vietnam.

Azamara ships (former R class ships) are indeed sisters of the Oceania ship that Atlantis previously chartered for their first two Brazilian Cruises, but Azamara is a sub of Celebrity cruises.

Atlantis used to do a LAND tour of Africa.

Nice sleuthing there, Cruisingpeter. As the Journey and Quest are identical sister ships, I wouldn't be surprised if that window you found does indeed represent the Atlantis charter. And yes, my imagination is now running wild. Thanks!

I think Azamara would be a good fit for an Atlantis cruise to an exotic locale. They ramp up the food and already do open seating so you know the food will not suffer from a schedule they're not used to. I hope they offer a similar cruise to Tahiti one day. We'd sign up.

One of the things about Atlantis, love it or not, is that they offer the newest cruises to the people who have been sailing with them. They have a tier system like > 10 cruises, 6-9, 3- 5, etc...

Lee, I suggest you start cruising Atlantis. With a ship of only 750 passengers, I'm sure that it will book up before they get to the 5 cruisers. Since we've only done 2 cruises we're on the bottom of the barrel so to speak.

• 1 month later...

Drat the luck! I've been trying to get to Asia for so long but can't find anyone to cruise with me and most lines charge 200% for single occupancy. Here's an opportunity and now I'm in a long-term nursing program and this cruise will be a long one! I hope Rich does more of them down the road. :cool:

I'm on the Labor Day Atlantis London/Barcelona cruise and will definitely sign up for the Asia itinerary while onboard - if it's offered. The London/Barcelona cruise will be just my 3rd with Atlantis, so I wouldn't be in the "elite alum" category to book the Asia cruise otherwise.

If it's offered to us on the Labor Day cruise, I'll advise everyone of the booking status once I'm back in San Francisco.

I was on the BsAs/Rio Atlantis cruise on the Insignia and it was heaven - the perfect size ship to my way of thinking. The Azamara ships are, as someone else pointed out, the same class. It should be a WONDERFUL itinerary and adventure.

Hope to see you on board. :)

Just got a flyer in the mail...the dates for the HK to Singapore cruise are Mar 27-Apr7. I'm ready to sign up...hopefully I'll be able to sign up on the Baltic cruise.

But, still no link on the Atlantis website. The fact that they added it to their '09 publicity mailing indicates it's not sold out - yet! I'm not on an Atlantis event until Labor Day's London/Barcelona cruise, so I hope it hits the website before then or I'll have -0- chance of booking this.

Alums - even those low on the totem pole - may get an e-mail blast in advance of the website posting. I hope so.

When it is announced more broadly in whatever fashion, I hope all the less expensive - relatively speaking - cabins are not sold out. :eek:

Maybe there is a "secret" Atlantis website like they did for the London to Barcelona cruise before it went on sale to the general public. Any ideas what that the link for that "secret" site could be? (I don't have the old link for that previous secret Lon-Barcelona site) Ben

Just got a flyer in the mail...the dates for the HK to Singapore cruise are Mar 27-Apr7. I'm ready to sign up...hopefully I'll be able to sign up on the Baltic cruise.

What are the prices for the cruise? Does it say anything about when we can sign up?

other than the dates. The brochure highlights the Barcelona/Rome and London/Barcelona cruises, but references the Hong Kong/Singapore cruise with dates only - March 28-April 7, 2009.

Anyone with more info on the Asia Cruise, please let us know!!:confused:

Hi Guys

This mailing has not made it to the UK - and no-one (including my travel agent) believes me that this cruise is going to happen.

Could you scan in a copy of the mailing.

Atlantis have great cruises - but are so bad in communicating with their customers!!!!!

Thanks in advance for your help, from a very cold and wet England.

Sorry, pbbrighton, but the only reference in the Atlantis publicity flyer was a date listing - no mention of the cruise line or the specific itinerary except Hong Kong to Singapore.

You might chance a call to the Atlantis offices in WeHo, CA and see if they'll give you more info...or send an e-mail. Perhaps they'll respond with a pdf brochure via e-mail.

If it makes you any more comfortable, there's nothing more to enlighten us in the USA, either, at least as of today. Perhaps next week before our Memorial Day holiday....

Archived