Atlantis Asia Cruise

TimATL

I would not impose on you for the night, but would love to meet for dinner a beverage and lots of talk about the 2010 cruise.

OK. Yes, meeting for a cocktail and dinner would be good. If you decide to stay at an airport hotel, I can drive down and we could eat nearby.

If you decide to come into the City, we can chat about the best way to do that and where to meet.

Wish I could do the Asia cruise, but I've already committed my spring '09 US$ to a landlubber's vacation: 2 weeks in a condo on an oceanside cliff on the north shore of Kaua'i with friends. That'll be fun, too...just not adventurous.

As the time for your Asia trip nears, let's chat more.

I may do the RSVP early August '09 river cruise from Paris to Prague (including the post-cruise stay). Interested in that one?

Keep in touch, Tom. :)

• 1 month later...

Heads up to any that may have received the future cruise brochure on the recent Baltics or London to Barcelona cruise. The itinerary for Asia, as printed on the brochure, is incorrect as it relates to the time in Bangkok. We didn't realize that there was discrepancy, until we got home and cleaned out the "junk" pile that we accumulated on the Lon/Bcn cruise.

I confirmed with Michael at the Atlantis reservations number that the Web Site itinerary is indeed the most current one. Sadly, (as is typical with Atlantis), the printed itinerary was more appealing than what "came to pass".

I'm bringing this up due to the fact that the Wait-List for Asia was large, but could cycle through to the point that people just getting that brochure might actually sign up and/or clear. The difference in time is significant if someone was banking on having a second "day" in Bangkok to see the cultural sites.(!)

• 1 month later...

I had not heard anything about the Atlantis hotel packages, but just happened to go on the web site last night and found the information posted......so time to call my TA.

The prices are substantially higher than I expected and the single surcharge......ouch.

I looked over hotels in town and the prices are all over the place. But I am going to bite the ullet and book the Atlantis hotels.....as transfers are included, and less hastle with everything already arranged with taxes and gratuities.

I am going to ask if you can do a share at the hotel if you are doing a share on the ship...I doubt it, but the savings would be substantial.

March is coming very quickly......

Anyone else out there on the United flight out of San Francisco on the 25th arriving Hong Kong at about 5:45 pm on the 26th?

Hey Rodraad...are ya getting excited?

I hear they play soccer in Singapore.....maye you can show us what ya got! :D

Booked the hotel in Hong Kong and Singapore....anyone else do the same?

Only wish I had boked a flight that got in earlier as I arrive at about 5:45pm local. Figuring 2 hours will elapse before I get to the hotel......then its hot shower and hit the town if I can keep my eyes open.

Atlantis is doing a dinner at the hotel, nut not sure I will be there in time.....but just think, Hong Kong! Cant wit to ride the star ferry again.....the best ride in town!

Bertha

I haven't even looked at the offering.

I have the Azamara briochure so I will have to look at what they offer. The I guess its look on the internet at what the ports offer. I want something that is less museum ish, and not shopping oriented.

Have you see anything of interest?

By the way are you doing the Singapore 2 night post hotel stay? I intend to find something interesting to do there...amybe something off the beaten path...you game?

I'm flying out the night we arrive Singapore

i can only squeeze out 2 week vacations

ps head over to Koh Samui after the cruise

I recommend everybody experiencing the FULL Moon Party once in their life on Koh Phangan:D

I have just signed up the Atlantis Asia Cruise... just wondering if anyone knows what time they allow us to board the cruise on March 28... also I hold Canadian passport, do i need to apply separate visa for each city the ship will be stoppinp, such as vietnam, thailand, singapore?

I will be travelling by myself, not a bit nervous about sharing my room with a stranger? anyone had bad experience before?

I am planning to get in hk on 22nd or 23rd to see the city and also staying in singapore for a few days after... this is my first time back to hong kong after many years...

Hi gtafunmuscle. As you just booked, I guess there have been cancellations...the ship was suppose to be sold out...good for you.

As to visas....I expect to be able to get necessary documents while on board. But before the end of the year I intend to contact Azamara directly to see what they ahve to say. If we need to apply for any visas in advance, to sooner the better.

Sharing a room....I have done this on RSVP cruises and some rrommates were great, some so so, some absolutely horrible. On this type of cruise (less party oriented) I think you should have little concerns, I know I am doing a share and am not worried. If it was a Caribbean cruise with people up all night....forget it.

My only wish is for my share to be considerate,some what neat and excited and happy about the cruise and not complaining about how things are not like at home. Also not bringing in a conquest after midnight expecting me to vacate for "private time" only hours beofre getting into a new port of call. I spend little time in the cabin, but when its time to get some shut eye....being considerate is paramount.

The trip should be a great one......so be happy you got a booking, try to meet as many people as you can and be flexible........and have fun.

See you on board.

Tom aka bertha

I am planning on booking the two back-to-back 10 day Asian cruises on the Quest in March 2010 which should go on sale in about a month. I am familiar with the ship because I have sailed on Oceania which has the identical ships. However, I prefer a room far forward and because this is Atlantis I am wondering if I have to worry about noise from the cabaret lounge on deck 5 which is the only inside public room that can accommodate a large number of people for a party. If this were a warm weather cruise the outdoor deck could be used but in March I am sure we will be confined to inside locations. Just wondered if this was considered by anyone when they decided on their cabin on the Quest this year. And, are you expecting late night dance parties on this kind of cruise??

Hi gtafunmuscle. As you just booked, I guess there have been cancellations...the ship was suppose to be sold out...good for you.

As to visas....I expect to be able to get necessary documents while on board. But before the end of the year I intend to contact Azamara directly to see what they ahve to say. If we need to apply for any visas in advance, to sooner the better.

Sharing a room....I have done this on RSVP cruises and some rrommates were great, some so so, some absolutely horrible. On this type of cruise (less party oriented) I think you should have little concerns, I know I am doing a share and am not worried. If it was a Caribbean cruise with people up all night....forget it.

My only wish is for my share to be considerate,some what neat and excited and happy about the cruise and not complaining about how things are not like at home. Also not bringing in a conquest after midnight expecting me to vacate for "private time" only hours beofre getting into a new port of call. I spend little time in the cabin, but when its time to get some shut eye....being considerate is paramount.

The trip should be a great one......so be happy you got a booking, try to meet as many people as you can and be flexible........and have fun.

See you on board.

Tom aka bertha

that's good to know as I am not a partier..

Got the note that the pre-post hotel costs were incorrect.......and a price reduction has been made......what great news!

I booked both the pre and post.......curious as to how many will choose the Atlantis offerings or go it on their own.

Anyone flying out of San Francisco on United?

Archived