Island Princess Room E212 or E211

4abooklvr

• 2 weeks later...

We don't know yet, but can answer your question in about 3 weeks when we get back. We leave this weekend on the Island (Emerald deck - E215) for their 15 day Panama Canal Cruise. If I remember I'll post our opinions about that cabin.

We don't know yet, but can answer your question in about 3 weeks when we get back. We leave this weekend on the Island (Emerald deck - E215) for their 15 day Panama Canal Cruise. If I remember I'll post our opinions about that cabin.

Thank you! I would also like your comments re the cruise. We're going with another couple on the Oct 13 Panama Canal cruise out of LA to Ft. Lauderdale. We are so excited and can hardly wait (8 months seems like such a long time!:) ).

SueG

We were in E219 and we loved the room. We were in really rough seas one night and were not bothered by it as I remember. I also don't remember hearing any noise except for some kind of higher pitched "swishing" sound (not certain how to classify the sound) that seemed to be pretty constant. It wasn't very loud and seemed to roll back and forth across the ceiling area to the best of my recollection. It did not keep us awake or wake us up as I remember.

We were in E219 and we loved the room...I also don't remember hearing any noise except for some kind of higher pitched "swishing" sound.

We are now in Rooms E216/218, so your experience is helpful. I can't imagine what the "swishing" sound would be. How did you like the ship, overall?

SueG

The "swishing" noise may be the wrong term, maybe, because now as I try to remember, it could have been more like a rattle. It's just hard to describe but as I wrote before, it didn't interfere with getting to sleep or going back to sleep.

Overall, we enjoyed the ship. Our steward was really nice and attentive and the entire staff seemed to really care. The shows were really excellent. There was a good fitness room. We ran outside most days circling the ship on the Sun Deck. The Promenade Deck was crowded with walkers and it was just easier to run on the Sun Deck, plus we liked getting the sunlight. The food was alright, but it did not seem to be as good as what we remembered from being on RCI's Monarch Of The Seas. At times it was difficult to find a table for just the two of us (I remember sharing a table a couple of times) in the buffet dining room.

• 2 months later...

Can you tell us a bit about your cruise? What did you like? Dislike? What did you think of the shore excurisons? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

SueG

Archived