12 day cruise

I am thinking seriously of taking the 12 day cruise out of Cape Liberty for the Caribbean. Just want some thoughts on this voyage from those who have already taken it. For example: Best month to go, type of stateroom, etc. All comments, suggestions and or recommednations will be very much appreciated

I am thinking seriously of taking the 12 day cruise out of Cape Liberty for the Caribbean. Just want some thoughts on this voyage from those who have already taken it. For example: Best month to go, type of stateroom, etc. All comments, suggestions and or recommednations will be very much appreciated

I don't think there is reallty a bad time to go. We went last Dec and will be again this Nov. I would recommend a balcony room if you are able because you do have 4 days at sea and sometimes you just want to relax and not be bothered by others. As far as suits and such we have never bothered with them, just can;t justify the extra cost when we really don' spend alot of time in the room. But a balcony is a must.

We were on the Jan 13 cruise and enjoyed every minute. We had a jr. suite but next Nov. we will be in a deluxe oceanview. Has the balcony that we need. That's enough for us(tho I will miss the walk-in closet)

The weather is nothing to us New Englanders. Second day out you feel the warmth.

I an honestly recommend this one - we did it last November and loved every minute. We had a balcony which was great in the early morning and early evenings - we had room service for breakfast on shore days and it was so lovely sitting on balcony then. We were in 7662 which was great for us.

Enjoy - whatever you decide.

My family will be on this itinerary 4/5/09. We chose this time as it allows the kids to miss only 4 days of school over the Easter holiday. If you don't have school aged children, the February 1, 2009 sailing is much less expensive and it also has a C&A coupon good until 3/30.

We booked 2 PR cabins with a connecting door. It was pretty much equal to the price of cramming all 4 of us into one balcony stateroom after all OBC's were applied. (2 rooms, twice the OBC's) so we're trading the outside scenery for windows to the prominade and 2 bathrooms and 2 bedrooms.

I guess it depends on what your priorities are. After spending 9 nites in a balcony room last time, we figured 12 nites with a separate room for the kids would be better for our sanity.

Have fun with whatever you choose.

Archived