Princess Transfer from Southampton

Simru12

Does anyone know the details of the Princess Transfer from Southampton to the airports? I know that it will be by motorcoach, and the travel time is about 2 hours, but my question is about the timing. Do they leave at a specific time, or do the busses leave when full? We have an afternoon flight the day of disembarkation and just wanted to know how much time we'll have at the airport before departure.

Thanks

David - when we did this last summer, there were actually several options. Some had a tour attached, but it said that your flight had to leave after 3 p.m. Others took you directly to the airport. That one left at about 9:30, which got you to the airport in plenty of time to make your flight.

The bus that you will be assigned to will be certain to leave so that you can make your flight with a comfortable margin.

Charlie

Does anyone know the details of the Princess Transfer from Southampton to the airports? I know that it will be by motorcoach, and the travel time is about 2 hours, but my question is about the timing. Do they leave at a specific time, or do the busses leave when full? We have an afternoon flight the day of disembarkation and just wanted to know how much time we'll have at the airport before departure.

Thanks

Princess will give you luggage tags for the group that has flights around the same time as you do. You will have to wait on the bus until all the luggage is loaded and the bus has filled to the number of people scheduled for that bus. Since everyone disembarks at the same time for a certain colored tag you should not have long waits for people - more so if a large amount of luggage needs loading.

Even if you have an afternoon flight they will schedule you before the people with independent travel arrangements, done by deck, are called so you will most likely be off the ship within an hour of it clearing customs. There is no way to predict for certain what time you will arrive at the airport but it will be in mor than plenty of time for an afternoon flight.

We used the Princess transfer in July, 2005 and using it was a very good decision. We were met at Heathrow (having flown 11 hours from Los Angeles) and were directed to a staging area where they took your bags and loaded them on a truck. The next time we saw them was when they were delivered to our cabin -- very convenient. We then boarded a bus (with our carry-on bags) for the 2 1/2 hour bus ride. Although I should have watched the English coutryside go by, a nap was far more appropriate.

The return trip was very similar, except the luggage was loaded onto the same bus we were riding on.

Thanks

As others have mentioned they will be disembarking and loading buses based on individuals flight times (earliest first). We did the transfer from Southhampton to Gatwick and it was straight forward and very easy. I would definitely recommend it as the best option. It is quite a drive to either Heathrow or Gatwick and any travel options will be expensive and some can get complex such as looking for a train.

Have a great trip.

Archived