Upgrade question

Hello,

I know there are lots of experienced cruisers who might have answers for me - please.

I'm booked on the Mariner of the Seas with an inside cabin, deck 7. When I booked, I would have really preferred an oceanview cabin, but this was out of my price range. Here's my question - do the prices of cabins ever get less expensive before departure, so I might afford an upgrade? Or should I stop looking at prices and make do with what I have?

Thanks for your time,

May:)

Keep watching daily. If prices go down for the category you booked in, you can usually call and get the lower price. OR if prices go down on higher categories (like oceanviews) you can usually call and get upgraded.

The only exceptions to this are Sale Specials which are usually for new bookings only. BUT even if you see something that is marked new bookings only, call because they might give it to you anyways.

Keep watching prices. As long as it is not for a new booking, you might be able to get upgraded later before final payment.

On RCCL it doesn't even have to be before final payment. RCCL is very good about giving price drops and allowing you to pay for upgrades even after final payment. As I said the exception is the Sale Specials which are for new bookings only.

It is always possible that they will lower the price after final payment and you may be able to pay for an upgrade. On our last cruise in November we were originally booked in an inside, and a couple of weeks after final payment they put the remaining balconies on sale, and we upgraded for very little money. You just need to keep looking. If there are very few of the preferred category available then the chances of being able to upgrade are not good.

Good luck.

jc

This is what happened to me last week...I had paid $899 CAD for an oceanview cabin and just watched daily as to what would happen. The price of a balcony guarantee came up as $919 CAD...so I called Royal Caribbean and just paid the difference....$40 total...and got cabin assignment the next day

Archived