Baby sitter on the Spirit

kat89447

My family is going to be on the NCL Spirit in June. My niece will be two on the 2nd to last day of the cruise. I understand that they do not officially have incabin sitting on this ship, but it seems that sometimes it is possible to find an employee wanting to make extra bucks. While we don't mind taking turns watching her it would be nice to do something together on occasion. She was a preemie and my sister was house bound for a year and a half with her and would love to get a little time away with her DH. The baby is perfectly fine now no medical issues. Anyone done this had good/bad results? My sister is willing to "suck it up" but I thought I might be able to surprise her one night.

I don't know the answer to your question but just wanted to say hello from another preemie mom! We're going on NCL Pearl on May for a couple of nights to break out of our winter quarantine, and on NCL Sun in October for 11 nights. We are just assuming we won't be able to have any babysitting available on NCL.

Can she be in the Kid's Crew since she'll turn 2 while on the cruise? They also have group sitting at 10PM for 2 or 3 hours for $5.00 an hour. The paper I picked up on the Jewel says "There is absolutely no in-cabin babysitting and no child under the age of 2 can be babysat by any of the youth counselors or any employee of NCL.".

The rule for every line is, "you're the age you are on the first day of the cruise, regardless if you celebrate your birthday during the cruise". This goes for a passenger who turns 21 during the cruise or a child who would turn three. If they aren't already the age to take part in something on the first day of the cruise, they won't be allowed to take part even if they turn the right age on the second day of the cruise. So for the OP, even though your child will turn 2 during the cruise, she will be considered age 1 for the entire cruise.

The rule for every line is, "you're the age you are on the first day of the cruise, regardless if you celebrate your birthday during the cruise". This goes for a passenger who turns 21 during the cruise or a child who would turn three. If they aren't already the age to take part in something on the first day of the cruise, they won't be allowed to take part even if they turn the right age on the second day of the cruise. So for the OP, even though your child will turn 2 during the cruise, she will be considered age 1 for the entire cruise.

the lady from NCL told me that she would be allowed to be babysat on the day she turned 2 so hopefully. her mom is prepared for "all baby, all the time" lol not that big of a deal, but its also their anniversary in the beginning of cruise and I was hoping to surprise her with an all family dinner, but I will just be her babysitter so they can spend some time together.

Actually, children who celebrate a birthday on the ship can participate in the NCL Kid's Crew or move up to a different age group. Straight from the source:

Your child will be assigned to an age group based on his/her age at sailing. If they have a birthday while at sea, only then they are moved up. Sorry, no exceptions can be made—this helps keep your child safe.

To the OP: Make sure your sister checks in with the counselors the first day to make them aware of her situation.

we will let them know. Also, they told us there are activities that she can participate in at the club as long as one of us are with her. We have 4 kids in the party, her, and 4 and 6 yr old boys and my DD10. I think more than anything she (her mom) has a little cabin fever from being homebound for so long. she was on bedrest for a month before the baby was born. this is the first year they have been allowed to take her to the grocery store much less on a vacation. Her DH travels 3 days a week for work and I think she was hoping to have some couple time and family time(there will be 14 of us). I told her we would all take turns watching the baby for her so she should have plenty. My DH can't go and from the sounds of it my DD will not want to leave the club, so I expect there will be tons of Aunti/Niece time for us. I see her so little it will be nice for me. Hopefully all of her early homebound life has not put her off of strangers, so she will hang out with us.

Archived