Le Bistro surcharge question

luv2bnsun

I am considering the Le Bistro while we are on the Pride of Aloha. Can anyone tell me the per person charge for this restaurant? Would it make more sense to get the anniversary package if we are also going to get a bottle of wine with dinner? Thanks

I am considering the Le Bistro while we are on the Pride of Aloha. Can anyone tell me the per person charge for this restaurant? Would it make more sense to get the anniversary package if we are also going to get a bottle of wine with dinner? Thanks

Right now, as far as I know the price for Le Bistro is $15 per person, but some are saying as of a couple of days ago it went up on some ships. This has happened before, they will charge a different price for the specialty dining rooms on one ship versus another. That being said, the best value at sea is the romance package.

Nita

• Administrators

Whatever the current cover is (I've read $30 here, which seems pretty :eek: but is certainly possible -- I'd pay it anyway, because I love Le Bistro, but I'd still :eek: over it!), if you are planning to eat there anyway and order a bottle of wine, then yes, the anniversary package will make more sense. By itself the Le Bistro dinner with wine will nearly cover the cost of the package -- but the package includes much more -- sailaway bubbly, chocolate covered strawberries, champagne and cake party, photo, canapes (the subject of an entire multi-page thread here, by the way!). I can honestly say I haven't been able to find any other mainstream cruiseline that offers a package anywhere near the value of this one. If someone knows one, especially on HAL!, would you let me know? :)

I agree with the preceeding posters. Everytime I cruise with NCL nwo, it's my anniversary. that deal is just too good to miss. You get a bottle of wine ($20), dinner for two at Le Bistro ($30), a bottle of champagne on embarkation ($20), chocolate covered strawberries (very good, can't order alone), canapes (very good, can't order alone), a cahmapgne and cake reception (they urge you to take any leftover cake back), and even a second cake when you hand your card to the waiter on your "special" night. The cakes are delicious, better than any I had in the buffet. And don't forget the free picture ($10 or $15 value). you can trade the "free" picture (taken at the reception/party) for any other of equal size from the cruise. The Honeymoon package is one of the best values at sea as far as I'm concerned

what is the cake party?

It's a recpetion hosted by the cruise director's staff for couple celebrating their anniversary who have purchased the package. There was plenty of cake and champagne. They took the picture then that they include in the package (your keepsake photo). We basically sat around and introduced ourselves to each other and told the sappy how you met and how long you have been married stories. It was a good way to meet some other couples and hear some good stories over free champagne and good cake. Many don't attend this party but as far as I know this is the only way to get the keepsake photo and it really is a good time.

How do you order this? I am going with my mother, but this seems like a great deal. Would that be weird?

If you have a TA call your TA if you don't call NCL directly. Must be ordered two weeks before you travel, I believe. I already ordered mine for August because I suspect you will see an increase in price sometime soon.

If you have a TA call your TA if you don't call NCL directly. Must be ordered two weeks before you travel, I believe. I already ordered mine for August because I suspect you will see an increase in price sometime soon.

Oh, good thinking.

I don't know about ordering it for a mom/son trip because the staff at Le Bistro will serenade you with Let Me Call You Sweetheart. ;)

Oh, good thinking.

I don't know about ordering it for a mom/son trip because the staff at Le Bistro will serenade you with Let Me Call You Sweetheart. ;)

Thank goodness they don't for any one. What do you think this is Carnival?

The waiters will only sing Happy birthday if you ask for a cake(which are free still btw)...

The waiters will only sing Happy birthday if you ask for a cake(which are free still btw)...

actually they do! at least they did to us on the Spirit two weeks ago!

Bummer - we sail on the 15th so I guess it's too late to order that package. What is the cost of it even though we can't get it now?!:(

$79 and on the Jewel two years ago, friends ordered it while on the ship! It is worth a try! They were able to enjoy dinner with us and all the other amenities. Good luck!

They certainly didn't ask any of the couples in Le Bistro a couple of weeks ago. But hey, what do I know? ;)

I have been lurking for the last few preparing for my upcoming cruise on the GEM. After reading about the price increases in the specialty restaurants, I took your suggestion and ordered the anniversary package today!

One other note - There have been several threads about NCL's customer service. When I called to order my package, the customer server rep (Melissa) noted that this was my first NCL cruise and asked me if she could answer any questions about the cruise in general. Good service!

I have had the Anniversary package and the Captains Choice package ordered for us as a gift for my upcoming cruise. I do have some questions.....

How do you find out when the cake & champagne party is?

Will the Captains Choice wine & fruits be in the room at embarkation along with the bubbly & strawberries from the Anniversary package? I'd prefer not to get it all at once. If there is flexibility as to when I got it, how would I handle that?

I have had the Anniversary package and the Captains Choice package ordered for us as a gift for my upcoming cruise. I do have some questions.....

How do you find out when the cake & champagne party is?

Will the Captains Choice wine & fruits be in the room at embarkation along with the bubbly & strawberries from the Anniversary package? I'd prefer not to get it all at once. If there is flexibility as to when I got it, how would I handle that?

you will get a letter in your room telling you when the champagne and cake party is and where.

as to the second, email your shipcoordinator(add your ship here)@ncl.com

and ask her/him if you can deliver one or the other when you want them....

• Administrators
I have been lurking for the last few preparing for my upcoming cruise on the GEM. After reading about the price increases in the specialty restaurants, I took your suggestion and ordered the anniversary package today!

One other note - There have been several threads about NCL's customer service. When I called to order my package, the customer server rep (Melissa) noted that this was my first NCL cruise and asked me if she could answer any questions about the cruise in general. Good service!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! I have no doubt you will love the anniversary package, AND the Gem (we certainly loved her older sister, the Jade (ex Pride of Hawaii) last summer. Have a marvelous cruise and enjoy every minute of it!

Like you, we've found the phone reps at NCL to be just fine and very accommodating -- but we always know that what they tell us about "policy" might or might not be true. It's great you found this board -- tons of experienced folks here to share the "real" scoop with you. :)

Whatever the current cover is (I've read $30 here, which seems pretty :eek: but is certainly possible -- I'd pay it anyway, because I love Le Bistro, but I'd still :eek: over it!), if you are planning to eat there anyway and order a bottle of wine, then yes, the anniversary package will make more sense. By itself the Le Bistro dinner with wine will nearly cover the cost of the package -- but the package includes much more -- sailaway bubbly, chocolate covered strawberries, champagne and cake party, photo, canapes (the subject of an entire multi-page thread here, by the way!). I can honestly say I haven't been able to find any other mainstream cruiseline that offers a package anywhere near the value of this one. If someone knows one, especially on HAL!, would you let me know? :)

I don't think it is $30, it seems unlikely they would go from $15 to $30 in just a few months. I thought the price went from $15 to $20. I could be wrong or you may be thinking of the specialty dinner.

Nita

Archived