Bags Program?

On NCL 2 weeks ago- I paid $15 pp to have my bags taken from disembarkation in Miami and did not have to deal with them again until I arrived home in NY. It was great- especially since Miami airport was packed with huge lines. Does RCCL offer this?

On NCL 2 weeks ago- I paid $15 pp to have my bags taken from disembarkation in Miami and did not have to deal with them again until I arrived home in NY. It was great- especially since Miami airport was packed with huge lines. Does RCCL offer this?

Yes, they offered it on Liberty of the Seas in Miami this past week - it was $20pp but still seemed like a good deal to me & they printed out your boarding passes onboard for you too so all you had to do at the airport was head for security.

Yes, it is called the Express Luggage Service and is usually $20.00 per person for 2 bags each.

There are different systems on how it is done depending which port you are sailing from.

Also different airlines.

American

Continental

United

Delta

Are the 4 most popular airlines at most ports but there are others also who have stands outside the terminals.

California ports have different airlines too. ;)

=newbiecruiser09;13635590]Is anything like this offered at Port Canaveral? We used this type of service at Disney this past Nov (no charge too!) and loved not having to deal with the bags when traveling home.

Yes, it is available there also.

Yes, they offered it on Liberty of the Seas in Miami this past week - it was $20pp but still seemed like a good deal to me & they printed out your boarding passes onboard for you too so all you had to do at the airport was head for security.

They do, or a fee as well, and it is pp. Qick and easy..

Also different airlines.

American

Continental

United

Delta

Are the 4 most popular airlines at most ports but there are others also who have stands outside the terminals.

Alexis, there are a couple of additional airlines.

AirTran, Jet Blue, and US Air now participate at least in FLL and MIA. And someone that came back from AOS yesterday said they've now added US Air and Jet Blue in San Juan.

Alexis, there are a couple of additional airlines.

AirTran, Jet Blue, and US Air now participate at least in FLL and MIA. And someone that came back from AOS yesterday said they've now added US Air and Jet Blue in San Juan.

I will have to copy your post. ;)

I am always 1 step forward and 2 steps behind.

(line dancer):D

I will have to copy your post. ;)

I am always 1 step forward and 2 steps behind.

(line dancer):D

Feel free to copy all you want. Just remember - always subject to change!!:p

Is Express Luggage Service available for Continental Airlines at Cape Liberty in Bayonne?

This service is not offered at Bayonne.

It is only offered (currently) at:

Ft. Lauderdale Los Angeles Miami Port Canaveral San Juan Seattle Vancouver

We recently used this service in Ft. Lauderdale. It was wonderful to be able to bypass the check in lines at the airport. We did have to claim our luggage in the terminal after getting off the ship so we could take them through Customs. We have luggage that has four wheels, so they are easy to move around. If we had needed help, there were plenty of porters available. Also, you cannot bypass the security lines at the airport. You still have to go through those.

We thought it was well worth the $20 per person to be rid of our bags before going to the airport. I would do it any time it is available from my port of debarkation if the airline I'm on participates.

Just some clarification please regarding the fees. Is the price on a per sone basis and if so, how many bags per person, or is it a fee per bag? I will be traveling on LOS in Sept with a 4yr old and newborn. If I can get rid of my bags beforehand at a reasonable fee it is worth it. So for example, if I have 4 suitcases would the fee be $40 (2 persons x's 2 bags) or $80 (4 bags x's $20). Thanks for your help.

The price is per person ($20 per person). Each person is allowed a maximum of 2 bags. So if you have 4 people, it would be $80.

We have a total of two bags to check. We will be ujsing American Airlines out of Miami. Is the fee $40 or can my husband check both bags and will they print out a boarding pass for me? I can probably check in with the computers on the ship, but we have the same reservation.

They will not print out additonal boarding passes. On NCL- there were 4 of us but only 4 bags- they wanted $15.00 per person x 4 if they gave us 4 boarding passes totaling $60.00. Instead we did the bags program for my husband and I (2 bags each) and printed the kids boarding passes from the ship computer and printer so it cost us $30.00.

I used the service in Miami last year. I was flying American and had a really late flight home. Left my bags at the pier, took a tour of the Everglades, boarded the plane in Miami without any fanfare and found my luggage when I got off the plane in Dallas. The luggage apparently took an earlier flight than I did, so it was of some concern was that my luggage was stacked in a corner with other luggage and no attendant around. I suppose it would have been easy for someone to take my luggage or rummage through it.

Barbara

we used the service on american from celebrity. does anone know if Air Tran participates in San Juan? It sure is nice to just be able to go directly to security at the airport!

it is a terrific idea too, that way you can see a little bit of the city before the airport if you have a late flight without fooling with bags!

Beverly

we used the service on american from celebrity. does anone know if Air Tran participates in San Juan? It sure is nice to just be able to go directly to security at the airport!

it is a terrific idea too, that way you can see a little bit of the city before the airport if you have a late flight without fooling with bags!

Beverly

I looked on the American website and they are not specific to the charge. It mentions a $10 fee. How much did this cost with American and how long ago was your trip?

Archived