Iberostar Paraiso del Mar resort

cruzegirl

I'm wondering if anyone has been to this resort, Iberostar Paraiso del Mar, and can you tell me about it?? A friend from work is going there this summer and any info. would be appreciated.... Thanks in advance....

Very nice resort, great pools. Good food for an All inclusive, Don Julio at main lobby bar if you ask nice. It is quite a ways north of Playa. They used to have a bus that went to Playa on the hour, but I've heard that was discontinued. We like the Iberostar resorts, they do an all around good job. The Pariso locations does not have the beach erosion problem that the Iberostars just south of Playa do.

• 2 months later...

Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar is part of a 5-resort complex, all Iberostars. The Del Mar & Beach resorts are pretty much one resort, sharing restaurants, pools, etc... The main pool is pretty long. I think you get something like 3 nights at the a la carte restaurants for a week long stay - everything else is buffet.

The other resorts are the Lindo & Maya, which share pools (including an awesome wave pool and a "sounds like a good idea but it's not that great" lazy river). They also somewhat share the restaurants. The Grande is top notch, brand new, and about 3x the cost of staying at the Del Mar or Beach.

My understanding is that the Del Mar/Beach guests cannot visit the other resorts in the complex, but that the other resorts guests can visit and use the facilities at the Del Mar & Beach. We stayed at the Lindo 2 years ago, and we didn't see any Del Mar people kicked out of the Lindo/Maya pools, but they certainly didn't get served or allowed into the Lindo/Maya restaurants.

The Del Mar is a fantastic resort, and even without access to the other resorts amenities, there's plenty to do there. And the grounds are just beautiful. The food's not bad for an AI, either.

Archived