Ray Runner Excursion to Stingray City?

Cruzfan34

We're booked for this excursion in Grand Cayman at 8 am. I know we'll be given information on the ship but I wanted to ask ahead of time. Is it up to us to get off the ship in time for the excursion or do they have appointed tenders that leave at a certain time?

You need to meet the rest of the group outside in the port area. All of my cruises the ship excursions had a sign they held up or the number of the excursion for you to see them.

There are several on your own excursions for stingrays if you change your mind and want to save some bucks, like Captain Marvins, and there is another one, slightly more $$$ that includes lunch, cant remember the name, but on those you have to get past the port area on your own to where those meet.

You wouldnt have any trouble on the ship's excursions.

You need to meet the rest of the group outside in the port area. All of my cruises the ship excursions had a sign they held up or the number of the excursion for you to see them.

There are several on your own excursions for stingrays if you change your mind and want to save some bucks, like Captain Marvins, and there is another one, slightly more $$$ that includes lunch, cant remember the name, but on those you have to get past the port area on your own to where those meet.

You wouldnt have any trouble on the ship's excursions.

Thank you. :)

We're booked for this excursion in Grand Cayman at 8 am. I know we'll be given information on the ship but I wanted to ask ahead of time. Is it up to us to get off the ship in time for the excursion or do they have appointed tenders that leave at a certain time?

If you've book through Carnival the tickets that you'll find in your room, probably the first night, will say on them what time and where to meet for your tender. Last week on the Victory our tickets said to meet in the Caribbean lounge at 7:15 am to tender for our 8:00 am excursion. As soon as the first tender was ready to board those of us with excursion tickets were told we could go board the tender.

Hope you get to do your excursion !! We ran into ruff seas last week and most of the water excursions ended up being canceled but the Capt took us to Spots Bay and we still got to get on the first tender and visit Grand Cayman so now we have a good reason to go back again to do the excursion we missed last week !:D

If you've book through Carnival the tickets that you'll find in your room, probably the first night, will say on them what time and where to meet for your tender. Last week on the Victory our tickets said to meet in the Caribbean lounge at 7:15 am to tender for our 8:00 am excursion. As soon as the first tender was ready to board those of us with excursion tickets were told we could go board the tender.

Hope you get to do your excursion !! We ran into ruff seas last week and most of the water excursions ended up being canceled but the Capt took us to Spots Bay and we still got to get on the first tender and visit Grand Cayman so now we have a good reason to go back again to do the excursion we missed last week !:D

That's the only thing I'm worried about...our excursion being cancelled. But if it happens, it happens, right? ;)

Thanks for the information. Now I'll know what to expect.

That's the only thing I'm worried about...our excursion being cancelled. But if it happens, it happens, right? ;)

Thanks for the information. Now I'll know what to expect.

No one but Mother Nature can control the weather so there's no need to worry too much about it ;)

Just do youself a favor and have a backup plan of something else you might want to do if your excursion is cancelled. Chances are if the weather is bad enough to cancel your excursion than you will either get to tender from Spots Bay or you'll miss Grand Cayman entirely. If you do go to Spots Bay you do have to take a Taxi to anywhere as there is nothing there except the dock where you get off to tender. We took a taxi to 7 mile beach for a couple hours and then taxied back into town and did some shopping and then taxied back to Spots Bay. Taxis are really easy to find and use in Grand Cayman.

Have a great cruise !

My group did the Ray Runner excursion in January and it was a blast! Be prepared to go really fast!

We were a small group of about 14 people split up into 5 small boats with 2 crew in their own boat. They led us to the snorkel site and one of the crew used some food to tempt an eel out of it's hiding place, very cool. What was especially nice about the excursion was the small group that we had.

Next stop was Sting Ray City and again with such a small group we had lots of individual time with the rays. There was an excursion boat next to us which must have had 40-50 people on it.

That was the first time I had ever driven a boat of any kind. Like I said, have a blast, we sure did!!!

Diane

Carnival Freedom, 1/08

Diamond Princess, 1/07

Carnival Spirit, 1/06

Carnival Pride, 8/05

Archived