HAL website: availability and pricing

Cerinda

What does it mean when a cruise suddenly appears on the website with full brochure pricing and every single category closed?

Just a matter of weeks ago, the higher categories dropped in price significantly (yahoo!). Just a few days ago, almost all the categories showed as available.

Can a ship as big as the Oosterdam actually sell out a March Mexican Riviera cruise in September? Is this just a website maintenace issue? A huge group? How do you find out?

The cruise could be sold out beacause of Promo 41.

Its a special for Mariniers in California,Nevada and Arizona.

It offer low fare and free parking in San Diego.

I booked several weeks ago for the 29th Jan.

The fare is Inside 629, outside 779 and verandah 899 the free parking is almost a $100 discount.

Yikes, Cerinda! I know we are on the same sailing. You are right that just recently there seemed to be availability in most categories, and prices were great. We booked just two weeks ago. Well, if the ship is full, I am glad we were able to book when we did, and I am thankful I was able to snag a verandah stateroom and my airfare for very decent prices, especially considering it is spring break in many parts of the country.

What does it mean when a cruise suddenly appears on the website with full brochure pricing and every single category closed?

Just a matter of weeks ago, the higher categories dropped in price significantly (yahoo!). Just a few days ago, almost all the categories showed as available.

Can a ship as big as the Oosterdam actually sell out a March Mexican Riviera cruise in September? Is this just a website maintenace issue? A huge group? How do you find out?

I've seen this occur intermittently with all of the cruises I've booked. The categories reopen within a day or two. It's likely that HAL is rebalancing passenger load, probably with renewed TA allocations.

Archived