What polish color for toes?

Rockwife

Hi all- I'll be heading out for my pedicure appointment here soon and always go into a bit of a panic when they send me over to the wall-o-polish to choose a color! What is "in" this season?

My outfits are all over the place, from pink to purple to brown to green. . .

Maybe something pink? Or a funky pinky-orange to make the toes pop?

I appreciate any ideas. Thanks!

If I'm putting colors on my fingernails, both toes and fingers are the same! If you do a "french" manicure on your fingers, go with something that won't clash with your formalwear! (You don't want to be re-doing toes on your cruise!)

I'm only packing one small bottle of nail varnish and that will be pale pink. That'll do for both fingers and toes regardless of what I'm wearing. I'm trying to travel as light as possible and within weight limits. I doubt that anyone will point and laugh at me just because I'm wearing the same varnish colour throughout the cruise. :)

I like shimmery white nail polish on my toes, especially on our cruises. It goes with everything and if it chips a little, you can't really see it. When I'm at home in summer I like bright pinks on my toes. I always wear sheer white, pink or silver on my fingernails.

My all time fav is from OPI, darn I wish I could remember the name-someone here will know it--it's red but with a hint of pink so you can wear it with reds and pinks without clashing, and of course it goes with everything else too... not only is it a great color but it does NOT chip! I brought the bottle with me on our cruise but I never needed it for a touch up! And that's really saying something considering we climbed Dunns River Falls, snorkled twice and walked our FEET off, both on the ship and in port.

I am having the same trouble! I want to get a pedicure before the cruise next week and it always last weeks but I am having trouble deciding on what color. My outfits are varied also from red, black, yellow, and some bright pink. Probably some brown too. I like this one color from OPI called millionaire red but it wont look too good with the pink stuff. Decisions, decisions........:confused:

My fave is Sally Hansen Diamond Hard "Champagne Toast."

It goes with everything. Kind of pinky-shimmery indoors, and outside in the sun you can see tiny little sparkly glitters... I love it for cruises.

:)

IMHO, a french or american pedicure is oh so dressy! You can match your nails or not, but this always looks good with any color shoe, or strappy sandal. I always keep a bottle of clear polish to brush on daily to stave off the chips!!!!

Try it, it will look great!!!!!!!!!

My all time fav is from OPI, darn I wish I could remember the name-someone here will know it--it's red but with a hint of pink so you can wear it with reds and pinks without clashing, and of course it goes with everything else too... not only is it a great color but it does NOT chip! I brought the bottle with me on our cruise but I never needed it for a touch up! And that's really saying something considering we climbed Dunns River Falls, snorkled twice and walked our FEET off, both on the ship and in port.

Cara Mia Crimson perhaps?

Go with what looks good on you and nobody else. I have "ugly" feet the way my toes are shaped..red truly looks horrific and makes my feet look fat. Like, "Here come those fat feet"...I actually use a pure shiny white and have gotten tons of compliments on it.

If you have pretty feet show them off, if you don't, I wouldn't use something garish looking (I think the darks are very garish looking but that's my opinion) or too bright to call attention to them.

The funny thing is that my doctor's appointment on Wednesday went over and I didn't have time to visit the nail salon. I ended up painting them myself and used a nice medium mauve (Good call, Gordonchick!)

I think my feet are pretty, but they do resemble skis. . . long and narrow.

I love to paint my toes...in fact I do not know in I have ever gone w/o polish of some kind...come to think of it!!

The polish comes off..and goes right back on!!!!

I bet my hubby would be like"those are what your piggies look like!?":eek:

Anywhoo...I love to pick a vibrant color, I like my toes to look like happy little jelly beans.

I don'r especially look really good in a true pink, they have to have a red tone to them....no purple tones! ( So mauves are out for me)

I usually, for a tropical locale, I will do something along these lines.

This was last cruise:

OPI Cajun Shrimp

opi_cajun_shrimp.jpg

Another one I like is:

opi_mexico_my_chihuahua_bites_65x36.jpg

My Chihuahua

Bites! OPI

opi1_euro_red_red_rhine.jpg

Red Red Rhine

OPI

I know I have posted this before, but some might have missed it so it is worth posting again.

I am an OPI whore, BUT, even their topcoat cannot compete with this next product.

It is seriously the comparably to what they put on you at the slaon, and I never leave home w/o it for a vacation.

You can see yourself in your nails!!!! so shinny and it makes your topcoat ROCK hard.

You will find it at CVS, Target( sometimes) Walgreens (always by me) and my DH found it for me at a Super Walmart!:D

SALLY HANSEN MEGA SHINE

69464.jpg

When it is on sale, I buy several bottles, b/c I am afraid one day it will disappear!!!

You can apply to nails while wet or dry, and it will help to dry your coat.

I absolutely LURV this stuff!

I know Gordonchick has used this too and really likes it..

I am an OPI whore, BUT, even their topcoat cannot compete with this next product.

It is seriously the comparably to what they put on you at the slaon, and I never leave home w/o it for a vacation.

You can see yourself in your nails!!!! so shinny and it makes your topcoat ROCK hard.

You will find it at CVS, Target( sometimes) Walgreens (always by me) and my DH found it for me at a Super Walmart!:D

SALLY HANSEN MEGA SHINE

69464.jpg

When it is on sale, I buy several bottles, b/c I am afraid one day it will disappear!!!

You can apply to nails while wet or dry, and it will help to dry your coat.

I absolutely LURV this stuff!

I know Gordonchick has used this too and really likes it..

I do really love this stuff, and was beside myself when I couldn't find it for a couple of weeks!!! Now I buy a couple each time.

DesperateHousewife,

The quote in your signature is probably the most moving I've ever read. I love it.

"Perhaps they are not stars in the sky....but rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy"

~Eskimo Legend

My fave is Sally Hansen Diamond Hard "Champagne Toast."

It goes with everything. Kind of pinky-shimmery indoors, and outside in the sun you can see tiny little sparkly glitters... I love it for cruises.

:)

Have to tell you . . . I love your "little" puppy dog . . . so cute!!!!!

Archived