best view spot for Na Pali Sailby?

plan2go

Searching these posts makes me wish I had booked a port side balcony for the Na Pali sailby alone, but alas we have a starboard balcony. Can anyone recommend best place on deck to grab seats/rail?

Any suggestions for same on leaving ports?

Just off the PofAm and we had a starboard cabin. We went to upper deck to watch while on the port side. Ship turns around, we ran downstairs and out on balcony to watch the starboard side from there. Got the best of both worlds!!! From there, we sail off into the sunset.... enjoy!!!!

the open upper decks on the foreward portion of the POAM are wonderful for scenery and whale watching...we had a port side balcony, but I still spent a lot of time out on the public deck for more panoramic viewing (and to hear the narration). It does get a little crowded, but there is a lot of space at the rail on multiple levels, so you should be fine.

Just returned from 11 night POAL sailing. Our captain took us past the Napali coast several times. We watched it from the port side of the Promenade Deck, then he turned the ship around and it could be viewed from the starboard side, and again from the port side. After the first time viewing the Napali coast, (which was incredibly beautiful), we were more intrigued with the whales fins, tails, blows and breaches that were happening all around, some very close to the ship.

Joy

Not sure of the layout of your ship, but my sisters and I were on the P of Hawaii and had the spa passes. There are two areas with lounge chairs. The spa is at the bow of the ship and we had a wonderful 180 degree view. We could even see from the hot tub. First we saw the valleys and waterfalls, then a stunning full rainbow, and just when we didn't think it could get any more beautiful, humpbacks started to surface all around us.

Viv

Viv

We just got back for PofAm and had a wonderful trip. The Na Pali coast was definitely seen better on the first pass. The ship did circle back but it was much farther away. We sat outside the Cadillac Diner and had a great view. Lots of whales too! We did go over the the Napa Valley bar and enjoyed the rest of the viewing on the other side. Enjoy!

Our cruise in June (POAm) leaves Kauai at noon. What time should we anticipate sailing by the NaPali coast? We have port side balcony cabins, but a time frame for viewing would be great. :)

Unrelated but be sure to join the roll call for your sailing, we don't have too much discussion going on yet for my june sailing anyways so more people are welcome =)

Our cruise in June (POAm) leaves Kauai at noon. What time should we anticipate sailing by the NaPali coast? We have port side balcony cabins, but a time frame for viewing would be great. :)
We left at 2pm, and arrived there around 5 or a little after...so if you set sail at noon, you should be there around 3pm (although there is scenery on the port side the entire way there).

Archived