Orlando International Airport anyone from Orlando Area?

marcyjane

Hi,

I will be flying into MCO Orlando Airport from Tennessee in June to meet my kids that are driving from Georgia to pick me up at the airport the day before our cruise on the Mariner.

My question is will they be allowed to park for a short time at the passenger pickup area, or circle til they see me outside with my luggage, or will they have to park in a paid parking area and then stand outside and wait for me?

I've always used park & fly and took shuttles to pier and then back to airport and then shuttle at home airport back to my car, so this is weird but never had anyone "family" pick me up at the airport.

Thanks,

Marcy

They will have to do one of the following:

Continuously circle (they park tow trucks at the curb in front of the Orlando Airport and regularly approach cars that try to sit).

Wait in the cell-phone lot for you to get your bags and call them.

Park in the garage and meet you (I believe the first 1/2 is free, but then it can add up pretty quickly).

Hope this helps!

I would suggest having them wait in the cell phone lot. Call them as soon you are walking into the tram and the timing should be just right.

Driving around in circles is a headache for the person who is picking you up and a waste of gas.

There is no place to park and leave your car for free, all of the lots charge but waiting in your car at the cell phone lot free. Just make sure they have your flight number so they know if the flight is landing late or not. Florida does get thunderstorms just about every afternoon around 3pm everyday in the summer but they usually pass quickly.

They can park in the garage for a short time for free and then after that they will charge $2, it's not a big deal. I fly all the time from Fort Myers into Orlando to visit my daughter, doing it again next month, and she quickly parks her car grabs me and off we go.

I would suggest having them wait in the cell phone lot. Call them as soon you are walking into the tram and the timing should be just right.

Driving around in circles is a headache for the person who is picking you up and a waste of gas.

There is no place to park and leave your car for free, all of the lots charge but waiting in your car at the cell phone lot free. Just make sure they have your flight number so they know if the flight is landing late or not. Florida does get thunderstorms just about every afternoon around 3pm everyday in the summer but they usually pass quickly.

We used to get thunderstorms every afternoon during rainy season but can't count on it anymore! The rain seems to come whenever it feels like or not at all.

Thanks to everyone for the information.

I just got off the phone with my kids in Georgia and told them about the cell phone parking area.

So that should work just fine.

I don't want you all to think I'm crazy, but this flight to Orlando will be the first time that I have been on a plane flight and getting around the airport by myself in 57 years. I've always either traveled with my husband before his passing in 2005 or with friends that I travel and cruise with, so I'm just a little worried about finding my way. I'll just read the signs and follow them to the baggage area and then out the door to find my kids waiting I hope.

Thanks again to all of you for the information on the Orlando Airport.

Marcy

Sorry to bug you all again, but can anyone tell me about how far it is from where I get my luggage to the exit doors area where the kids will drive up to pick me up.

Thanks and again sorry to be so much trouble

Marcy

The arrival terminal is not connected to the pick up area. You will have to take a monorail over. Also they can park and wait in the car rental area ( not suppose to), but it is closer (One level down). The staff is pretty helpful ( it's a big tourist stop) so ask someone to help you. Have fun!!

Sorry to bug you all again, but can anyone tell me about how far it is from where I get my luggage to the exit doors area where the kids will drive up to pick me up.

Thanks and again sorry to be so much trouble

Marcy

:o Just re-read your last post. The doors to the exit are right in front of baggage claim.

Marcy, don't worry. The Orlando airport is one of the best that I've ever traveled in. Everything is going to be well marked and baggage claim is very close to the arrivals area where you kids can pick you up. The cell phone lot is very close, I recommend that you call them as soon as you spot your luggage. By the time you get it off the belt and get outside, they should be pulling up shortly.

Archived