rollaway in triple

cruise2480

I am looking for a triple balcony on either the Emerald Princess or Crown Princess. I do NOT want an upper berth. Can anyone tell me the configuration for the third passenger. My travel agent said I could have a rollaway. Is this true? Is it comfortable? Is there room to move around the room? Please help...I would rather not pay for a mini-suite if a balcony would work for us.

I am looking for a triple balcony on either the Emerald Princess or Crown Princess. I do NOT want an upper berth. Can anyone tell me the configuration for the third passenger. My travel agent said I could have a rollaway. Is this true? Is it comfortable? Is there room to move around the room? Please help...I would rather not pay for a mini-suite if a balcony would work for us.

Useing a roll away in a balcony cabin means the there will not be room to move around much while the bed is opened. It will block the entrance to your balcony doors also. There is only one place to put the roll away bed and it is directly in front of the balcony doors in the only available floor space for it. :(

Well if you book a mini-suite the couch thats in the cabin converts to a bed. Thou I never pulled it out to lay on it to see how comfortable it is, but I do know that mini-suites all have them or most of them.

Well if you book a mini-suite the couch thats in the cabin converts to a bed. Thou I never pulled it out to lay on it to see how comfortable it is, but I do know that mini-suites all have them or most of them.

The bed in those pullouts in only 2/3 of the couch. :)

I could be wrong here, but I don't think Princess follows in Carnival's footsteps of turning "any" double room into a triple through the use of a rollaway bed. In fact, I've never seen one in a cabin on a Princess ship. We cruise often with out daughter and ALWAYS have to book a triple cabin with an upper birth as the only choice for 3 people below a mini suite.

Maybe someone else can tell you otherwise, but that's been my personal experience.

Oh... and I don't know where they would put a rollaway in a balcony cabin... there is no room at the foot of the bed, nor between the bed and the balcony... maybe in the "closet" area???

I could be wrong here, but I don't think Princess follows in Carnival's footsteps of turning "any" double room into a triple through the use of a rollaway bed. In fact, I've never seen one in a cabin on a Princess ship. We cruise often with out daughter and ALWAYS have to book a triple cabin with an upper birth as the only choice for 3 people below a mini suite.

Maybe someone else can tell you otherwise, but that's been my personal experience.

Oh... and I don't know where they would put a rollaway in a balcony cabin... there is no room at the foot of the bed, nor between the bed and the balcony... maybe in the "closet" area???

I think your right Tina. :)

Archived