San Diego Flights

Marfa53

Was just notified that our 2:00 Saturday departure from San Diego has been changed to a 12:00 (noon) departure. Only two of us traveling and we will be doing the self-debarkation. Will we have enough time or should I try and change the flight?

Thanks for any advice given.

Was just notified that our 2:00 Saturday departure from San Diego has been changed to a 12:00 (noon) departure. Only two of us traveling and we will be doing the self-debarkation. Will we have enough time or should I try and change the flight?

Thanks for any advice given.

There shouldn't be any problems at all. You can request early debarkation for flights earlier than 12:30, or do self debarkation if you are worried. However, we were one of the last groups getting off the ship, and we still made it to the airport before 10:00.

Looking at the Elation which leaves out of san Diego - what airport should we fly in to and what time is the latest I should arrive? Also - what time is the earliest I should book a flight home?

Thanks!

The airport you use is SAN - San Diego International. General rule would be no flights before noon.

As to when to arrive, if at all possible fly in a day before. You don't want to miss seeing one of the best cities (if not the best) in America. If you have to fly in day of, the absolute latest you should arrive is 11am (4 hours before you have to be on the ship which is 3pm for a 4pm departure) but the earlier you can arrive the better.

Should be fine. SAN is probably the closest airport to a pier in the country, literally right up the street from the pier.

Well, depends if you're nitpicking... CXH/Vancouver Harbour Airport surrounds the Cruise Ship terminal with floatplanes on one side and heliport on the other.

Well, depends if you're nitpicking... CXH/Vancouver Harbour Airport surrounds the Cruise Ship terminal with floatplanes on one side and heliport on the other.

Well if we're going to nitpick, Vancouver isn't in the USA. It's in Canada.:p

Archived