I FINALLY met Klaus Lugmaier!!

I just have to share my excitement here. For the past few years I have been reading about the Hotel Director Klaus Lugmaier. He has brought out all the new ships and I keep hearing how nice and great he is from members on here. A few months ago I even posted on cruise critic that I wanted to meet him. Well Funny story..today at work I was working on the outside area of the buffet. I knew we had some people from corporate on the ship getting ready for the Pride Of Americas freestyle 2.0 launch on May 10th but I didn't know who. Well today they were sitting on my Lanai for dinner and they left and I said goodbye. Later on the night they were back outside and my coworker said "the guy on the left is named Klaus and hes a hotel director from corp" and I just said oh ok..then after a second or two I said "WAITTT what did you say his name was?!?!" so I went over and talked to him and I said are you the famous Klaus from online that I hear so much about and he said yes! He replied and said you must be the famous blogger! Anyway he was very very nice and I asked him if he was bringing the F3 out and he said yes and I'm welcome to come on the inaugural so it was a great night.

Just had to share that!

Hey NCLcruiser, Klaus is a great guy, isn't he! We had the privilege to meet him several years ago on the Dawn at a VIP party. We spent a long time talking to him about up-coming ships, etc. Then, later that night our butler delivered a note to our suite. It was from Klaus, saying how he enjoyed our conversation that day and inviting us to dinner in Le Bistro with wine, as his guest. A real nice touch.. He is a real gentleman and an asset to NCL...

James, glad to hear you got to meet Klaus. We've sailed twice with him as Hotel Director and know how nice he is as a person as well as being very good at his job.

If you do manage to make the F3's inaugural I'm sure you'll meet a lot of "famous" people from here!

.... he spoils you for any other Hotel Director....

We have been fortunate to sail with Klaus and his team on the inaugural cruises of all the Jewel class ships. He has a tremendous talent for making all the guests feel extra special, he seems to live customer service and is a helluva nice guy! He also knows how to lead the teams that bring the new ships into service, we were hoping he would be on the Jade in Europe but oh well.

How lucky for you!! Maybe one day we'll get to meet him..sigh....

Also in your post I see about the Freestyle 2.0 staring on May 10th, we will be on the April 12th cruise, any hope of some of it being in place that early or is all of it coming after the drydock?

Thanks,

Carey

James,

Glad you finally met Klaus, and he was as nice as the things we've all read here. Is he still on the Gem? I hope we get to meet him on our cruise if he is still there.

I agree with the others, your enthusiasm is wonderful and you're an asset to NCL. Happy to hear he invited you to the inaugural too. :D

Jackie

James,

Glad you finally met Klaus, and he was as nice as the things we've all read here. Is he still on the Gem? I hope we get to meet him on our cruise if he is still there.

I agree with the others, your enthusiasm is wonderful and you're an asset to NCL. Happy to hear he invited you to the inaugural too. :D

Jackie

Jackie...Sorry, Klaus is no longer on the Gem :(

He was promoted to "Head Hotel Director" and is leading the team that is rolling out Freestyle 2.0 on all of the ships. Prem has now been promoted to HD on the Gem :D

Jackie...Sorry, Klaus is no longer on the Gem :(

He was promoted to "Head Hotel Director" and is leading the team that is rolling out Freestyle 2.0 on all of the ships. Prem has now been promoted to HD on the Gem :D

Thanks, SeaShark! I think I remember reading something about his promotion now that you've mentioned it. Oh, well... I guess I won't be meeting him this cruise either. :(

I see you're leaving in 2 days!!! Have a great cruise. :D

Jackie

Hi James,

I enjoy your comments and blogs and appreciate the way you try to help people understand the NCL product and how it works.:)

So you met the incomparable Klaus? Good for you for going over and saying hello! I still remember before one of our cruises last year that one of the roll call members said, "I don't care if the HD is Klaus or Santa Klaus....what difference does it make?"

After the cruise was over this CC'er said, "Now I understand."

We've sailed with Klaus many times and understand why NCL would promote him to Fleet Hotel Dir. Always visible, always attending to his guests, seeking feedback by talking to guests. Superb with the CC groups.

Good to hear he may be back onboard with the F3's.

If you run into him again, pls say hello from snorklin'barb.

.... he spoils you for any other Hotel Director....

We have been fortunate to sail with Klaus and his team on the inaugural cruises of all the Jewel class ships. He has a tremendous talent for making all the guests feel extra special, he seems to live customer service and is a helluva nice guy! He also knows how to lead the teams that bring the new ships into service, we were hoping he would be on the Jade in Europe but oh well.

So true!

We sailed with Klaus on the "Rogue Wave" and Saw him in action. He has the abilities to take control of sticky situations and make the best of it. He has an eye for innovative ideas and imprements them into the best for the NCL product. Truly gifted especially in public relations. Watching him work his mojo was an education on the Dawn the morning after the wave. He has been a pleasure to sail with.

What can I add to what has been said already? Klaus is in a class by himself and anybody who gives him a problem can be assured it will be taken care of. We were fortuante to have him on several NCL cruises. I am confident he will do a great job in introducing the 2.0 upgrade to the NCL fleet.

I could have sworn I saw Klaus walking through the Jewel when we were on her in February. If not Klaus, he has a twin!

You probably did! He's been going around to many of the ships and was on the Jewel in Feb.!! As James indicates, this wk Klaus is in HI.

The Jade will be the first ship to get Freestyle 2.0 with others rolling out by summer. He's one busy guy these days.

BTW, I echo what Cosmo said. For anyone going on the Gem, the new HD Prem (who was Klaus' asst. HD previously) is just superb and a really great person. You'll love him.:D

Archived