Assigned room question...

chewie44

We have our e-docs and the room assigned is 9012-fwd which is a balcony room. Is a forward balcony a good room on board the NCL gem?:confused:

thanks for anyone's expertise on cruise ship room positions,:)

Kathy

A forward cabin on any ship will feel movement during rough seas. The forward and aft sections of a ship are the locations that experience the most pitching.

If the seas are calm during your crossing you'll be fine. If there is any kind of weather situation leaving New York or elsewhere you'll feel it.

Cruiserking

A forward cabin on any ship will feel movement during rough seas. The forward and aft sections of a ship are the locations that experience the most pitching.

If the seas are calm during your crossing you'll be fine. If there is any kind of weather situation leaving New York or elsewhere you'll feel it.

Cruiserking

My take is if there are rough seas, you'll feel it anywhere so I never worry about it. I've had cabins in front, rear and middle and to me it doesn't make a lot of difference. If you're really sensitive to motion, it may but if not I would just go and have fun.....

My take is if there are rough seas, you'll feel it anywhere so I never worry about it. I've had cabins in front, rear and middle and to me it doesn't make a lot of difference. If you're really sensitive to motion, it may but if not I would just go and have fun.....

My point was that the feeling of movement is much stronger at the front of a ship. During our stormy departure from New York two years ago it felt like being on a roller coaster in one of the forward lounges. It was rough going in our mid ship cabin but, nowhere near as bad.

Cruiserking

We have our e-docs and the room assigned is 9012-fwd which is a balcony room. Is a forward balcony a good room on board the NCL gem?:confused:

thanks for anyone's expertise on cruise ship room positions,:)

Kathy

If you will ask on the Norwegian board, there may be someone with specific info on your cabin. Who knows? Someone may even have photos of it for you.

Archived