Holland Zaandam Lower Promenade Cabin Question

davbensch

Since the cabin windows on this deck look out on the outside deck, can people look right into the cabin, or is the outside deck lower (or higher) than the cabin room? I would hate to think that we would have to keep the window curtains closed all the time.

We had cabin 3336 on the Zaandam last year.

During the daytime, it is virtually impossible to see inside the cabin from the outside.

At night, however, the window acts like any other, meaning if you want privacy you will need to close the curtains.

Hope this helps!

Davbensch,

If it's a choice between a loss of privacy or excessive noise throughout the night, I think you've made the right decision. I'm sure you'll be very content with your cabin on Main Deck on the Zaandam.

Have a great voyage.

Cruiserking

Thanks to both of you for your responses. Speaking of the excessive noise, even though we would have been on the right side of the Lower Promenade deck and the diagram showed the main galley on the left side, right across from us, I would have to believe they would utilize space on the right side, where we were, to also do food services, so I would assume we would hear noise also. I think we'll be very happy on the Main deck. I am going to keep checking the Holland website (where I can log in and pretend that I'm booking a cruise) to see if any other rooms on the right side of the main deck open up that may even be better than what we already have. Then, I call our TA to book that room. Even though we have a locked door, it would be nice to get a room that was not an adjoining one, plus we would be away from the cleaning storage area.

Archived