You made me do it!

dakrewser

All these lovely trip reports from folks just back from Alaska get me itchin' to head north once again. So I just got off the phone with a lovely TA who was more than willing to reserve our trip for next fall.

It also seemed like a grand idea to sail from our home port - San Francisco - so that a) there were no airport problems and b) we'd be on the ship longer (12 days vs. 7) but that did mean it wouldn't be a HAL boat. :( On the bright side, we don't have to choose among Sitka, Skagway and Ketchikan - we'll stop in all 3 (as well as Juneau, Vancouver and Victoria!)

We'll just have to see how the other half lives on one of those Celebrity ships. I'll bet they even speak a different language....:rolleyes:

We made you do it? Well, okay, if it makes you feel better, blame it on us! :D

Ooh, then I can sue you to make you pay for the cruise. As well, of course, as my 'pain and suffering' at having to wait almost a year!:rolleyes:

Sail, you'll be my witness, won't you? :)

-dave

Hi Dave,

My husband and I did that cruise on the Infinity on her 2nd sailing. A meeting was organized on the CC board and we met on the ship. I can't recall the exact number but it was quite afew. It started because one girl was cruising solo, and someone suggested a picture of 'How many people can you fit on your balcony?'

It was on the back of the ship, so it was a big balcony. It was a great group of people that interacted the whole cruise. Hi Nancy-Hi Jeff I have to admit, on that cruise it was the people that made it special.

Take care,

Pat.

It was on the back of the ship, so it was a big balcony. It was a great group of people that interacted the whole cruise. Hi Nancy-Hi Jeff I have to admit, on that cruise it was the people that made it special.

Take care,

Pat.

ooh, tell me more. There's still time to cancel and rebook on Crystal sailing the same day (for 'only' $2000 more PP!;) )

-dave

Dave- the Infinity is a Celebrity ship. I've never been on Crystal.

I was on a slow-moving elevator with the captian-just him and me- and we had a conversation about the ship. So I can say that everyone we met, from the captain down to the busboy, raidiated with pride, when they spoke of the ship. This was May1,01 It was a great holiday for us. I know others will have different opinions.

The same way my opinion of Alaska is different from others. It is a beautiful state, but I think my state, Pennsylvania, is prettier.

Take care,

Pat.

The same way my opinion of Alaska is different from others. It is a beautiful state, but I think my state, Pennsylvania, is prettier.

Take care,

Pat.

Thanks, Pat. I wasn't sure if your original note meant you weren't happy with the ship, but that "other people" made it worthwhile.

As to Pennsylvania vs. Alaska (I went to college in western PA) - we've been to "the Niagra of Pennsylvania" and weren't terribly impressed. But it's true Alaska has nothing to compare with Breezewood! :rolleyes:

-dave

dave-

I hope you enjoy your cruise... we booked my Mom & Dad on the Mercury - California Coastal next April - RT, SFO so they wouldn't have to fly.

I hope they enjoy - we received the brochure and the ship looks pretty nice. :)

dakrewser - enjoy your trip. While we have disagreed on many subjects - i would love to be able to take a cruise from home without flying - alas - my only option for that is a riverboat down the Ohio and Mississippi. Alaska is a much better option

Thanks. The riverboat is something I want to try one of these days. Along with about 60 dozen other itineraries...

:rolleyes: -dave

I hope you enjoy your cruise... we booked my Mom & Dad on the Mercury - California Coastal next April - RT, SFO so they wouldn't have to fly.

I hope they enjoy - we received the brochure and the ship looks pretty nice. :)

Friends of ours did Alaska on the Mercury earlier this year and enjoyed it quite a bit. Since it was their first cruise, though, it's hard to guage whether it was really great, or just that first time enthusiasm...

:) -dave

Archived