Any Disney Magic childrens program reports

cmom

We will be sailing in Nov on the magic for the 7 night Western. My boys will both be newly 8 . I have found out as much as I can from the Disney sites and a few other reports I have read and it seem that this age group 8-12 is alot of sports and video game time. More focused on the older ages. These things dont interest my boys at all. They love cooking, crafts, pj parties,. That kind of thing still.This will alsop be our first Disney cruise and I want them to experience more "disney " type activities

I was hoping to see the daily activity sheets or just hear opinions of the two different groups to see if I should find out if I can place them in the 5-7 group.

Thanks for any help.

I just responded to you on the other thread. So I'll just repost it here :D

We were on Magic, but my oldest at the time was in the 3-4 group. But I do have some pages uploaded for "All Ages" that lists what the different groups do. It might give you a general idea.

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/Disney%20Cruiseline/

I just checked it out thanks. Im still not sure what to do with the kids. We were i thr Western Car last Dec and I figured We would just leave the boys on board for the two islands we were just at. Mom and Grandma are shopping. :) .

I just want to know that they will be so preoccupied that they wont even know we left the ship.

Its a Disney cruise though so im sure either is great. Thanks for your help. You also helped me a lot for our RCCL cruise last Dec.

We did a Disney cruise in December and my DD is four. It was our and her fifth cruise. We left on December 8th and I was amazed at how many kids were on board even during "normal" school times. We were not that impressed to be honest with you because our DD wanted to leave many times. She now says she loved the cruise, but at the time, it was not worth what we were paying.

I will say that I would personally never leave my child on board a ship while shopping. There are just too many variables and as you tender in Grand Cayman, what would you do if they suspend tender service and you cannot get back to the ship?

The boys would be fine if they stayted on the ship. My husband and their grandfather would be onboard. I to would never leave without a family member somewhere on board.

Actually I think your eight year olds will love Disney. The buffet food for example is really geared toward kid tastes. Sodas are free and there is rootbeer- which was a big hit.

The pool has the water slide and my son loved it (he was 5 at the time).

The kids program is very good. My son loved it. The older kids do some neat things in the "lab"- science projects. There is a variety of activities and don't think that it is geared toward videogames at all.

I wouldn't hesitate to do a Disney cruise while they are 8. But I would never take kids 11 and up. They will have outgrown their fascination with Disney characters by then.

One thing I liked about Disney is the room size- spacious. Also the service from start to finish is topnotch.

I did Disney purely for my son. I knew what I was getting into. He still looks back on that cruise as his favorite.

Also- they get to have a meet and greet with the Captain. He loved that.

I think you will really enjoy Disney. It isn't my favorite but I think everyone should do it once with young kids

Thanks for your help. I think my mom and I are going to have more fun then the kids. We even are dressing up for pirate night. ( cant wait to see thouse pictures)

My boys are odd. no soda, only eat off the adult menu, no junk food, dont watch tv, Acturally Im very lucky.

My one even had two plates of escargot, ahhhhh. I couldent stand to look at him. :)

IM sure where ever they are they will be having the time of their life.

Archived