cruise out of NYC

deeolasingh

Im wanting to book a bahama cruise out of nyc but am a little nervous cause Ive heard that cruises out of nyc to the caribbean are usually "very rocky" and I dont like that "very rocky" feeling too much... is this true??

since seas & storms give a great ride for some of us. Just get yourself some BONINE & enjoy the great show of water.

Im wanting to book a bahama cruise out of nyc but am a little nervous cause Ive heard that cruises out of nyc to the caribbean are usually "very rocky" and I dont like that "very rocky" feeling too much... is this true??

We sailed Dawn 2x out of NY. Both times in May. The first time it was smooth as glass. The second time coming back was tremendously rough and we actually had to stop off Bermuda and wait out the seas. We were a day late or at least 8 hours or something coming back (can't recall exactly). DH was sick as a dog as were many on the ship. He had to get a shot at medical center to stop from puking. I don't think seas get THAT bad that often but it can happen.

I took a cruise from NYC to the carribean in Oct 07. (hurricane season) The seas were VERY rocky. It was quite funny actually. Know one could walk a straight line, looked like everyone was drunk. I had the patch so I didn't have any sickness. I probably would of if I didn't have something.

we sailed from NYC 2x, once going North and once going South. The time going south was very rough the first night - but it was like glass after that. I took a Bonine, and I was fine in 20 minutes. It wasn't scary, interesting to see people try and walk:p though.

We have left out of NYC three times now - once in September and twice in October. Only encountered rough seas one time when we were coming back to NYC. I am very prone to motion sickness and wore the wrist bands (can purchase at any CVS for $10) and I was absolutely fine even though that ship was rocking and rolling. :)

I've cruised out of NYC 6-7 times, mostly on NCL, most of the time it's not rocky. Cruised last on GEM last month 2/16, fairly smooth, however sun was a premium, have had better weather. A cruise is what you make it.

What time of the year are you looking at?

sometimes its rocky and sometimes its not. It almost always a little rocking and rolling off Cape Hatterus. We were on the Feb 6 Gem and that was as rocky as I ever had it....Victory at Sea anyone....60 knot winds as well....the first night then it cleared and we had great weather sun and a easy trip back...

Just back from the Gem, also out of NY. NO Problems at all. We have sailed many times out of NY, and only had slight problems twice, one was about 10 years ago on the much, much smaller Dreamward to Bermuda did that trip 3 times, and only had rough seas once. The othe time was on the Spirit, to the Eastern Caribbean, that ship felt like it was going to fall apart! All and all I have to say it is usually smooth as glass on the bigger ships, you should not have a problem, IMO Enjoy! :)

We've sailed out of NYC 7 times now. To Canada, Bermuda, Florida, Caribbean, etc. We sailed in June, July, and August. Sometimes it was rockier than others. More often than not, it wasn't bad at all. My wife and I start taking Bonine the night before we sail and take one each day of the cruise thereafter. We have never gotten sick and actually find the rocking of the ship fun and relaxing.

We sailed out of NYC 2 times (our 3rd will be in July), both times were in January. The first time on the Dawn was rocky, but not terrible. The 2nd January we went was on the Spirit, and the ship actually made the news, it was so rocky and a wave came up and smashed in windows on the 5th floor (the floor we were staying on - kinda cool to see, kinda scary). I was definitely sea sick, but it was a good time, and it is obviously not stopping me from taking a 3rd sailing out of NYC, however, this time it will be in the summer.

Archived