How I paid for my cruise...

I told my wife and daughter in October 07 that I would take them on a cruise in 08, funded entirely by money I planned on making on eBay. They both laughed at me and said they'd believe it when they see it.

We are cruising this Sunday aboard the Legend with a Panorama Balcony, paid for in full by money I have made on eBay. LOL

They still can't believe it.

I think I have found a new way to finance one of my pricey vices!!!

I pay for my vices by selling on Ebay too. But most of my vices (collecting watches) are on Ebay, so I really don't get to see the money. Mayb I'll try your method for next year. Thanks to Uncle Sam holding the extra money he took out my paycheck, I paid for this years cruise! I got tired of repairing the house. Everythings done in/to the house and I starting looking for projects. My neighbor suggested I volunteer with Habitat for Humanity to keep me from working on my own house.

I pay for my vices by selling on Ebay too. But most of my vices (collecting watches) are on Ebay, so I really don't get to see the money. Mayb I'll try your method for next year. Thanks to Uncle Sam holding the extra money he took out my paycheck, I paid for this years cruise! I got tired of repairing the house. Everythings done in/to the house and I starting looking for projects. My neighbor suggested I volunteer with Habitat for Humanity to keep me from working on my own house.

Have I got a house for you..

We went on our first cruise in April of 2000. After that experience I knew I was hooked. I had been selling a little on Ebay, but after that trip I knew it was something I had to do over and over again. So, I revved up the Ebay thing and now we are going on our 7th cruise, 6 of which were financed by my Ebay sales. I'm addicted to both cruising and Ebay, so it works for me.

Hey go check out my auctions! Buy something for the cause! :D

I am very impressed and interested in this. My DH and I have discovered that we are hooked and addicted to cruising. I would love to go more than what we are able to do now. What do you all sell on ebay? I know this is somehting that my DH could get into!!! Thanks. Beth

Beth, I've been a collector and garage sale addict for 25 years. I used to buy stuff, keep it for a while and then sell it at my garage sale. When Ebay came along I realized I could get good money for these things, because most of them were actually valuable. So, that's how I do it. I know what's collectible and I spend my weekends looking for it. My basement is full, and I can't wait for the Vermont weather to break so sales start up again. Do some research, perhaps find a wholesaler, fine your niche and go for it!

I am very impressed and interested in this. My DH and I have discovered that we are hooked and addicted to cruising. I would love to go more than what we are able to do now. What do you all sell on ebay? I know this is somehting that my DH could get into!!! Thanks. Beth
For that info, you would have to check my "Cruising on my eBay windfall" sale. LOL

(mods, it's not real and not an ad)

The mention of the garage sale is one that MANY use, but I will go even further and throw out a certain website named after a guy that ends in "list". You can find much for free there and hock it on eBay.

(I'm sure this discussion will get taken down if inappropriate things are relayed here, and I don't mean for that to happen)

Besides, those of us who sell, probably wouldn't give away our secret because then we would have competition sprouting up all around us. The best advice I could give is to find a niche item that nobody, or not many people sell, and run with it. It can be tough to think of, but with a little research and ingenuity, you could be sailing far and wide with your profits!

I too EBAYED our way toTHREE cruises this winter! My husband is an old car nut who has collected cars and parts for 30 years and we were getting over run so I sold a lot of his "extra" parts. I have collected "stuff" for years, taken all the "crap" that other family members didn't want when we would clean out an elderly relatives attic or house, and stick it in my attic, well that "crap" and "stuff " and "extra" parts get me and DH 3 weeks in the caribbean, airfare, excustions, and spending money!:) I'm getting ready to start selling some more "stuff" wanna cruise again next winter!

WOW!!! I want to learn about eBay... Never bought or sold anything there. Probably have to get my teenager to do it for me... But then, I take her on the cruises!!!

I use my bonus money from work. It gives me two or three cruise a year! And still gives me some to put away for retirement.

I used to be an auctioneer and have STUFF... so I'll bet I could keep eBay busy for a while... "Oh, DD, come help your poor old Mommie!!!"

I used money I earned from giving flu shots for a Nursing Agency to finance my trip last year on the Legend. Come September I plan to sign up for as many as possible because there are lots more trips I NEED to take.:D

Just look around your house and see what things you have boxed up and not using or things you are just tired of looking at. It's easy to sell on ebay and the rewards can add up to a lot of money.

Speaking of which...I need to start ebaying again to get some spending money for my upcoming cruises this summer.

WOW!!! I want to learn about eBay... Never bought or sold anything there. !!"

Ebay is alot of fun and I get most of my items from Ebay after doing research online.

Tips:

1. Wait till the last minute to put in your bid, don't bid early, just sit back and watch it.

2. Make sure the person that is selling has a 97 - 100% Positive Feedback rating, that is what I use to ensure this person is legit and reliable.

I sell alot of Online Game items like swords, armor for game characters etc. Thats where I made most of my Ebay money.

Wendy is selling alot of her Scrapbook albums and accessories that she no longer needs, most of it is new and so far has made over 300.00

Fred

One good way to earn some easy cash is to sell eBooks. They don't cost you anything to create, and can return an enormous profit if it is written well!

The best part? There are no shipping charges, as it is electronically delivered.

One good way to earn some easy cash is to sell eBooks. They don't cost you anything to create, and can return an enormous profit if it is written well!

The best part? There are no shipping charges, as it is electronically delivered.

What's an E-book?

I am a seasoned ebayer. I have been doing ebay for about 6 and a half years now and I can tell you that there is a lot of money to be made on there! You have to know what your doing and after a lot of trial and error you learn the ins and outs and can have a great running ebay business. I actaully started when I was laid off from my job and my unemployment was not paying the bills so it helped me greatly and soon became an addiction!

Here is what I sold when I started (please note that ebay can be VERY time consuming)

When I first started I took old shoes...I am a woman and have a billion pairs of them...so I went with ones that I didnt' care for as much anymore. Much to my surprise I was selling my brand name shoes and sneakers that were used for anywhere from half of what I paid to even more than what I paid!!! That was when I became addicted to it! I went further to go to outlet stores and bought the brand name shoes there were on clearance and sold them for triple what I paid. The people in the stores thought I was nuts for buying 10-20pr at a time until I told them why. When the sales were over and I couldn't find anything on there I went on to selling my daughter's used clothing. I sold brands like Old Navy, Gap, Gymboree, Ralph Lauren...people loved them and I made almost all of my money back! Whatever I didn't sell I threw on some tables and sold at a garage sale.

That is what got me started in my business...I started to go to NYC and buy clothing and shoes at wholesale in the garment district and now I sell wholesale to stores! So there are many ways to make money on ebay and whether it be new or used people will buy it. I have recently found a comapany that I can buy small lots of merchandise like shoes and clothing and other things like perfume and tools and try them out and sell them on ebay so that is what I have been doing on the side as well!

There are some great search engines you can just type in the word wholesale clothing or wholesale whatever and you will find a wealth of information and companies you can purchase from! Just make sure you research the companies and don't pay for any lists of wholesale information because there is really just no point...it's all information you can find out with a little research of your own!

Good Luck!

What's an E-book?
It is something explanatory or directive that you create, whether it be a .pdf, a .doc or some other form of electronic document, and you host it on a file sharing server, set up your auction, and when people pay for it, they get the link to download the item.

Go to eBay and search for ebook and you will see many many examples.

Tips:

1. Wait till the last minute to put in your bid, don't bid early, just sit back and watch it.

2. Make sure the person that is selling has a 97 - 100% Positive Feedback rating, that is what I use to ensure this person is legit and reliable.

Fred

Just wanted to add one more tip. Always make sure the seller has good feedback, but also that they have at LEAST 10-20 feedback comments.

Watch out for the scams, if it sounds to good to be true, it usually is. Do not buy 2 for 1 cruise certificates. We had a big thread going on the RCCL board regarding these.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=709959

We went on our first cruise in April of 2000. After that experience I knew I was hooked. I had been selling a little on Ebay, but after that trip I knew it was something I had to do over and over again. So, I revved up the Ebay thing and now we are going on our 7th cruise, 6 of which were financed by my Ebay sales. I'm addicted to both cruising and Ebay, so it works for me.

Hey go check out my auctions! Buy something for the cause! :D

Question for ya, and everyone that is paying for cruises with e-bay. What is it you're selling? Personal things, or re-selling things? I know my mom makes a lot of money on e-bay but she makes jewelry. She also goes to goodwill, and finds cheap stuff (but still not junk) and fixes it up. I'd like to get into the e-bay thing myself, so I was curious. Thanks!

To further fund the cruising addiction I do agree that Ebay is an excellent way to make money. I make what is called Reborn Dolls and Ebay has proven to be an excellent market for them. I hope to one day book and surprise my husband with a cruise totally paid for from Ebay sales :)

Hey! we are on the Legend this Sunday too! There is a meet & greet at 2:30pm, Sunday at the Unicorn pool/bar if you are interested! We've had quite the roll call, I think around 70.

Happy Sails!

Kelly

We'll try to make it. We should be at the pier by 11:00 am, hopefully we will be onboard early.

Just wanted to add one more tip. Always make sure the seller has good feedback, but also that they have at LEAST 10-20 feedback comments.

I have heard that advice before and always makes me wonder..... how can anyone get started selling on eBay this way? You will have 0 feedbacks, for how long?

Archived