Fascination R52

PaulnKarl

I've been allocated R52 for my upcoming cruise on the Fascination. I'd welcome comments from anyone who has sailed recently in cabins R50-66 (evens) as I've read mixed reviews. I'm traveling solo so I opted for A1 category simply for the price. I'm assuming that this is an upper/lower bunk. Does the upper bunk fold away? Are the bunks the same width as regular beds in other cabins? What chairs are in the room? The purpose of this trip is for reading and relaxation - it was cheaper than a retreat center (and IMO much more fun).

Paul

I should add that it is a relatively quiet area, not many people using it as a thoroughfare unless they are in one of the cabins. You might hear people talking in the hallway, but there was not any noise from neighboring cabins, through the walls, etc. Since there are no cabins across from you, you won't have people standing outside their cabins talking...EM

I think I was in a similar cabin on the Sensation and the Elation. Actually I think I was in R52 once.

If you are solo, the upper bunk will stay up. Give you a decent amount of floor space. I think the bathroom is larger than the quad cabins I have been in. The shower seemed bigger from what I remember.

Just about everyone in that hallway was a solo traveler and we all had teh same table for dinner. We ended up hanging out a lot.

I am sure I have photos of the cabin in an album, but the light doesn't work in the closet it is in. I'll try and get it tomorrow.

I think I was in a similar cabin on the Sensation and the Elation. Actually I think I was in R52 once.

If you are solo, the upper bunk will stay up. Give you a decent amount of floor space. I think the bathroom is larger than the quad cabins I have been in. The shower seemed bigger from what I remember.

Just about everyone in that hallway was a solo traveler and we all had teh same table for dinner. We ended up hanging out a lot.

I am sure I have photos of the cabin in an album, but the light doesn't work in the closet it is in. I'll try and get it tomorrow.

Thanks Lora, I appreciate your input. Although in recent years I've been a balcony affectionado, this is my first solo cruise so it will be like a new cruise experience. While we all live in hope of upgrades, this cabin sounds like it would be preferable to an inside with two beds.

Paul

Archived