Liquor Smugglers Beware~!! (Multi-ship experiences - merged)

Friends just boarded ENCHANTMENT OF THE SEAS this afternoon and had their 2 bottles of wine and 1 Bottle Gin confiscated. The note in the luggage says they can claim it at the end of the Cruise. Oh well... Afternoon announcement from Captain as they departed stated the policy was being strictly enforced. My Friends say that there is a huge group of FSU and UF spring breakers.

Well, at least they get the bottles back.

P.S. They didn't confiscate the travel iron....

I believe you can still smoke on your balcony, which begs the question... could you iron on your balcony? :p

Yes, you can still smoke on your balcony just not inside your cabin. The clothes would probably blow away before you could get the wrinkles out. :rolleyes::D

With it being spring break, or close to it, I can see them tightening up on the smuggling. Wonder if they found a green "weed" like substance in a baggy in your luggage, would you get the same note?:D

With it being spring break, or close to it, I can see them tightening up on the smuggling. Wonder if they found a green "weed" like substance in a baggy in your luggage, would you get the same note?:D

My daughter and nine of her friends board the AOS tomorrow for spring break. For colleges this is one of the biggest weeks.

I was planning to smuggle a few miniatures in my checked bags. Today I

got my dox and was ready the booklet.....it says in no uncertain terms

no alcohol. It also says anyone caught with it in their luggage will be

denied boarding. Has it always been in black and white like that and I

never noticed? Or are they getting really serious. I'm a little bit of a

risk taker, but sure don't want to jeopardize a trans-Atlantic cruise.

Honestly, I think they crack down over the holidays really and not so much during the rest of the year. Spring Break brings underage kids (young adults) and I think for insurance purposes, RCCL and other lines have to show that they are actively promoting their "No tolerance" for alcohol smuggling to control and manage underage drinking. I think if you plan to cruise during the Spring break holiday, you should expect to get thoroughly checked. All other times I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I was planning to smuggle a few miniatures in my checked bags. Today I

got my dox and was ready the booklet.....it says in no uncertain terms

no alcohol. It also says anyone caught with it in their luggage will be

denied boarding. Has it always been in black and white like that and I

never noticed? Or are they getting really serious. I'm a little bit of a

risk taker, but sure don't want to jeopardize a trans-Atlantic cruise.

It is a fairly new policy, last summer I think.

###

As a Spring Breaker we weren't even out of the car and someone came by to yell at us. "You better not have any alcohol or else we will find it, so give it to me now." of course we didn't have any, but the Port officer did not believe us. There was a good pile of liquor on the dance floor at the end of the cruise.

He said they stop "ZERO TOLERANCE" on april 15

why do ppl insist on bringing on a travel iron. This is a fire safety thing and concerns everyone on board.....remember that fire at sea a year or so ago....when it comes to others safety why do some ppl think they can just do what ever they want?

Now alcohol....well.....you run the risk of getting kicked off or getting it taken away, it isn't going to kill anyone....but a fire will. Makes me wonder about ppl.:confused:

Archived