Liquor Smugglers Beware~!! (Multi-ship experiences - merged)

Cruiseloverandagent- How about using rumrunners? Are they detected in your check-in bags? Have heard that they aren't . Need advice quickly please.

I can't really say anything, but short answer, they'll be found if security is anything like Galveston.

I am sailing on Liberty on 3/29/08. I can see how a liquor bill could be huge on a cruise if you let it get out of hand. Why not try to drink in moderation and remember the cruise. If you have to get drunk to enjoy a cruise just stay home and get drunk. You will save money that way and not break any rules. Ship Captains have a lot of power on a ship at sea and can ruin your cruise if you violate the aggrement between a passenger and the cruise line. If you can't drink in moderation then you may have a problem. Happy sailings!

Friends just boarded ENCHANTMENT OF THE SEAS this afternoon and had their 2 bottles of wine and 1 Bottle Gin confiscated. The note in the luggage says they can claim it at the end of the Cruise. Oh well... Afternoon announcement from Captain as they departed stated the policy was being strictly enforced. My Friends say that there is a huge group of FSU and UF spring breakers.

Well, at least they get the bottles back.

P.S. They didn't confiscate the travel iron....

I just got off this sailing of the EOS. Basically what happened was, if you packed any liquor in your check luggage that was in original containers it was confiscated. I still brought plenty on and was never questioned. My roommate did not receive her luggage, and she had liquor in it. She went to the desk they told her to go to deck 1. Her bag was sitting right there. A man came over and asked her to open it. On the top there was a bright orange note saying her luggage had been searched but the funny thing was, nothing was confiscated. It said Clear at the bottom. She had a family size Hydrogen Peroxide bottle in there and they didn't touch it. A couple other people did bring some Diet Coke cans and water bottles in checked luggage and it didn't get searched.

They were shaking water bottles as you came back on the boat from the shore days. Throughout the cruise there were several officers walking around the decks and in the show rooms watching for people to be "modifying" their drinks. These people looked like they were in serious trouble.

We just brought some lemonade and fruit punch back to the room and made drinks there. This was a pain in the but to have walk from the windjamer (front of deck 9) to our room (aft deck 3). So we did end up with a decent bar tab.

We just got back from Enchantment as well. Our bags were locked and I had to go to security to unlock one bag so they could check it. There were a few empty child sippy cups, and children's liquid motrin in that bag. For goodness sake, don't try to smuggle sippy cups during spring break :D !

I just got off this sailing of the EOS. Basically what happened was, if you packed any liquor in your check luggage that was in original containers it was confiscated. I still brought plenty on and was never questioned. My roommate did not receive her luggage, and she had liquor in it. She went to the desk they told her to go to deck 1. Her bag was sitting right there. A man came over and asked her to open it. On the top there was a bright orange note saying her luggage had been searched but the funny thing was, nothing was confiscated. It said Clear at the bottom. She had a family size Hydrogen Peroxide bottle in there and they didn't touch it. A couple other people did bring some Diet Coke cans and water bottles in checked luggage and it didn't get searched.

They were shaking water bottles as you came back on the boat from the shore days. Throughout the cruise there were several officers walking around the decks and in the show rooms watching for people to be "modifying" their drinks. These people looked like they were in serious trouble.

We just brought some lemonade and fruit punch back to the room and made drinks there. This was a pain in the but to have walk from the windjamer (front of deck 9) to our room (aft deck 3). So we did end up with a decent bar tab.

Was yours in the original containers when it wasn't confiscated? Not that it matters much now, I've already ordered some wine to be delivered to my stateroom thru RCCL so that I can avoid the hassle, but still curious.

Thanks.

We just off the Vision-while it seemed no one had a problem getting alcohol on board-the news around the ship was that a lot of people had their travel irons confiscated till the end of the cruise.

By travel iron, do you mean for clothes or hair? I planned on bringing my flat iron & it does get very hot, I think over 400 degrees.

One great thing about these hair flat irons is that you CAN use them to take out slight wrinkles in your clothes if you can change the heat setting! No clothes iron needed! Even better.... most of these have a timer or temperature switch that turns the unit off after a certain degree or time left on.

Now I'm wondering why your roommate was carrying a family sized bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide in her suitcase? Is she a blonde of convenience? Expecting lots of cuts? Building a liquid-fueled rocket? Surgical suction tubing all plugged up with blood? Or was that where her hooch was stored?

Archived