Very sad news

I'm glad you brought this up as someone died on the AOS on the 2/24 cruise and it must be very sad for the person with them. My condolances to the family. If anyone knows who this was or where they were from, I'd like to know. Thanks.

Donna

Wow, really? I was on that cruise. I know we had someone who had a stroke. Is that the person who died?

Hi Joann..........

I can't believe it has been three years, so glad to hear that DH(Jeff?) is doing well.........it has now been 11 years since Wayne's stroke at 40....remember the Hawaiian shirt laid back guys. We have done river cruises in China and Russia, cruises to the Holyland, Egypt, Mexico,and the Caribbean and a land tour in Europe since we last chatted I hope your travels have been as wonderful as ours.

I agree with another poster at least these men did not suffer to long.

On our Russian river cruise we had a man fall on our river ship on day 6 his wife and our group guide left the boat with him, do to weather they could not airlift him to Moscow so they endured an 11 hour ambulance ride, she(the wife) had so much difficulty in Moscow it was unbelievable. When the tour arrived on day 12

she was staying at the hotel we were spending the last few nights of our trip in ..he died a few days later and it took 10 days for Russia to release the body. I kept in touch with her as we had developed a relationship...is what was so weird is that he was 75 yrs old, of Russian Jewish decent and had told me he had chosen not to travel to Russia all these years because the way his family had been persecuted and then he and his wife who might I add was an extremely strong women both suffered so much in the country again.......... life is STRANGE...................

and life is Short that is why we all CRUISE:D

ENJOY

Lori, how wonderful to hear from you. I can't believe you responded to my post. I was just thinking about you the other day, because I always include your husband, Wayne, in my daily prayers. When I spoke his name, I wondered what you guys have been up to since I hadn't heard from you in such a long time.

My husband, Bob (maybe he has a long lost twin named Jeff!!!LOL), has been doing very well. Our travels haven't been nearly as exciting and exotic as yours, but we do okay. We still see his neurologist at Univ. of Penn on a regular basis, as well as the pulmonologist there. The neurologist addresses the stroke issues, and the pulmonologist deals with the Sarcoidosis. Thankfully, besides a bout with flu and bronchitis in the past month, I'm happy to report he's been very stable.

Valentine's Day this year was 3 years since his stroke...we were onboard Celebrity Constellation, and we celebrated by buying moi a pair of diamond stud earrings in St. Maarten (he said I deserved it after all the good care I took of him...did I tell you his nickname for me is TaTa...short for Technical Advisor (to his medical issues) and Travel Agent (because I plan all the trips)!!! The boys have decided when they have kids, instead of calling me Grandma, it'll be TaTa!

Take care and keep in touch!

Jo-Ann

Archived