Missing the first 2 days of cruise

ispendmoney

We are going to miss the first 2 days of our cruise due to weather and cancelled flights . Flights were booked through Celebrity and they will get us to the 3rd port in time to board the ship. Can you tell me if Celebrity will do anything more for you because of the 2 days that you have missed??? ie: Someone had mentioned shipboard credit. Anyone who has experience this, I would appreciate your input.

We are going to miss the first 2 days of our cruise due to weather and cancelled flights . Flights were booked through Celebrity and they will get us to the 3rd port in time to board the ship. Can you tell me if Celebrity will do anything more for you because of the 2 days that you have missed??? ie: Someone had mentioned shipboard credit. Anyone who has experience this, I would appreciate your input.

I am so sorry.

Do you have travel insurance???? They may reimburse for the two missed days. You MAY get some onboard credit. But don't count on it. If you read the fine print in your cruise contrat, your air was booked as a "convenience" and the cruise line has no responsibility for "third party vendors" (the airline, hotel or shuttle services).

If this experience has not soured your taste for cruising, please book your air independently and fly in a day early. You usually have some options if you book your own air.

Hope you can enjoy your cruise!!!

I am so sorry.

Do you have travel insurance???? They may reimburse for the two missed days. You MAY get some onboard credit. But don't count on it. If you read the fine print in your cruise contrat, your air was booked as a "convenience" and the cruise line has no responsibility for "third party vendors" (the airline, hotel or shuttle services).

If this experience has not soured your taste for cruising, please book your air independently and fly in a day early. You usually have some options if you book your own air.

Hope you can enjoy your cruise!!!

Thanks for your quick reply.

I had something similar happen once. If your schedule allows, what about asking just to be rebooked on the next AVAILABLE cruise so you can enjoy your entire trip? You might have to pay some additional monies, but it's an option that you just have to ask for.

I had something similar happen once. If your schedule allows, what about asking just to be rebooked on the next AVAILABLE cruise so you can enjoy your entire trip? You might have to pay some additional monies, but it's an option that you just have to ask for.

Thanks for the information. I will try that.

Archived