oleprof

OleProf

OK folks, this thread is a perfect example of why we have our Community Standards and further why some of those who post material in the spirit of sharing or enhancing their information are chased away never to return.

Several people posted comments in this thread that were openly skeptical of the accuracy of the original post because they hadn't heard about the incident from another source. As a result the OP was treated unkindly rather than as someone with a little information about a potential problem who just wanted more information.

PLEASE don't do this again.

Please keep the Cruise Critic Message Boards a fun place to be and a place where folks can go to get information without being concerned about negative reaction.

Thanks for your anticipated cooperation.

See the previous post for a link to more on this developing story.

Several people posted comments in this thread that were openly skeptical of the accuracy of the original post

And were proved right, I might add. Sensationalized views of tragic occurances (or potentially tragic occurences) have no place here. THey cause unnecessary anxiety to people with friends and family members who might be at risk.

Differing opinions can, of course, be tolerated and discounted (if necessary). But things stated as facts must be able to be proven, I would think (of course that's an opinion, but it's my opinion so it must be true :rolleyes:).

-dave

Archived