Less strenuous excursion help

Hubby and I will be doing the Western Carribean 7 day trip On Mariner OTS. I love to read of all the exciting tours, but unfortunately don't think we would be able to manage the snorkeling trips etc. on offer.

Could anyone help with their experiences of more sedate excursions to these ports please:

George Town

Cozumel

Ochio Rios (would really like to see the Dunn's River falls without actually climbing it - I seem to remember reading of some rafting excursion)

Neither of us are disabled, just not young and fit enough for many of the tours!

Thanks in advance.

Hubby and I will be doing the Western Carribean 7 day trip On Mariner OTS. I love to read of all the exciting tours, but unfortunately don't think we would be able to manage the snorkeling trips etc. on offer.

Could anyone help with their experiences of more sedate excursions to these ports please:

George Town

Cozumel

Ochio Rios (would really like to see the Dunn's River falls without actually climbing it - I seem to remember reading of some rafting excursion)

Neither of us are disabled, just not young and fit enough for many of the tours!

Thanks in advance.

well, my husband and i are advanced snorkelers, so we've snorkeled in george town and cozumel. however, I can tell you that in both places, our snorkeling only takes a few hours and we have time left over to "play" in port. So, george town is GREAT for shopping. awesome, awesome, shopping. cozumel also has good shopping - better prices, not as many brands. In cozumel, I've done a snorkel/beach break excursion that I loved. It's with playa mia beach club and they took us snorkeling and then to the bech club where we could just use the beach, pool, etc... I believe they still offer the excursion with ONLY the beach break park (no snorkeling) - that would be a relaxing day at the beach. In ocho rios, we never do dunns - i'm kinda clumsy so i've never been in the 3 times i've been to jamaica. plus, we kinda don't like jamaica a whole lot. so, we try to do tours and stuff there. last year we did what's called "a real taste of jamaica" in ocho rios - it was actually really good. they take you to a jerk chicken factory where you get to see the chicken made and then you taste it. they take you to the bob marley museum (could've done without that) and then take you to the port. I've also done breezes resort day in ocho rios....it was boring to me, but if you want a day by the pool with a drink in hand (could've done that on the boat) then that's a good one for you too.

You know you don't HAVE to do ANY excursions! You can stroll about the port city, take a cab to the beach...stay on the ship...it's really up to you and what you may enjoy! It's really not necessary to spend extra money in the ports!

Archived