groom's attire

I was just wondering what everyone's husband-to-be plans to wear for the wedding ceremony. We're getting married on the beach in Jamaica, and we don't want to do tuxes, and he's dead-set on wearing a blue shirt.

I thought picking my dress would be hard, but I am having a harder time trying to figure out the men's attire...would love to hear what some of the rest of you are planning. Thanks!!

Melissa

Hi Melissa! We are doing black suits, DF will be in a blue shirt with a blue and green striped tie (those are our wedding colors). Best man is in a green shirt. We were going to do linen suits but DF didn't look so good in the lighter color. Go with what looks good on your man :)

I agree with the other posters.....go with what looks good.....but it also needs to be comfortable. It will be hot on the beach and you will want the groom to be comfortable. Linen or something lightweight would be good. We were married on the beach in St. Thomas last summer and DH wore a linen shirt and pants....it was so hot that a suit coat would have been too much on that particular day. Congratulations and best of luck!

Hi everyone -

We ended up getting a tan-ish linen suit this weekend. But my fiance wants a while linen shirt that has one button on top and no collar.

Any idea where I can find this?

Thanks in advance!

Colleen

PS I did try an online search, but didn't come up with anything.

Archived