Pacific Princess Holy Land-private guide for Israel?

Yellowrose624

My husband & I are booked on the Pacific Princess Holy Land Cruise which departs Venice on May 8. We have 1 day in Ashdod (Jerusalem)and 1 day in Haifa (Galilee) and would like to have some time floating in the Dead Sea and visit some sites in Jerusalem itself.

While we will use Princess' overnight shore excursion for our 2 nights in Egypt, we would like to see if anyone has booked a private guide for Israel. Princess has several combinations but neither one of us wants to spend a lot of time at Masada or the whole day in Jerusalem so a private tour seems like a logical solution to us but maybe totally unrealistic just from a distance, condition of roads, etc.

Anybody have knowledge of a company or individual we could contact?

My husband & I are booked on the Pacific Princess Holy Land Cruise which departs Venice on May 8. We have 1 day in Ashdod (Jerusalem)and 1 day in Haifa (Galilee) and would like to have some time floating in the Dead Sea and visit some sites in Jerusalem itself.

While we will use Princess' overnight shore excursion for our 2 nights in Egypt, we would like to see if anyone has booked a private guide for Israel. Princess has several combinations but neither one of us wants to spend a lot of time at Masada or the whole day in Jerusalem so a private tour seems like a logical solution to us but maybe totally unrealistic just from a distance, condition of roads, etc.

Anybody have knowledge of a company or individual we could contact?

We have private tours set up for Israel and Egypt. We had a couple cancel due to a sudden medical problem. So we have an opening for another couple for either or both countries. Contact me ASAP for details at alanmal@aol.com. This is the correct link for our May 8th 2008 rollcall board. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=624137

Al :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I recommend trying Avitours. They are located in Jerusalem and they do tours all over the country. I know a lot of people who have travelled with them from the cruises that stop in Ashdod and in Haifa and everyone I know had a great time with them. When I was in Israel I also took a tour and had a great guide who is the company president but everyone I know had other guides that they liked a lot too. Their website is: www.avitours.co.il.

All the best,

Laura

Although we have had to reschedule our Holy Land cruise, we had been working with Avitours, and they were able to design a custom itinerary for us that was markedly different from the typical excursions...and for what we considered to be a reasonable price.

• 3 weeks later...

Yellorose, or any other folks, we're considering taking that same Holy Land cruise on Pacific Princess in Sep 08. Could you tell me your opinion of the ship and the cruise/ports? You may reply directly to me if you'd like at dcr649atyahoo.com. Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you.

Dan

Archived