Taxi service San Juan to Pan Am pier

Can anyone tell me how to check out the fee for a taxi ride from the airport to the pier (Pan Am). Is the fee per person or per trip?

We'll have 9 total. 2 of these are ages 3 and 1, another scary question is ....do they provide car seats?

I have done it several times. The rates from the airport are regulated and posted. As I recall, it's $19 for up to 4 people plus .50 cents to $1.00 extra per bag. I doubt you will find a taxi large enough for 9 people and their luggage. And no chance they will have two car seats.

The rates are regulated rates. It is around 20.00 for 4 plus baggage fees. I highly doubt they will have a car seat in a taxi. We cruised out of Miami and forgot to take a car seat, what a problem that was. We had to wait over 1 hr at the airport for a Van that had 1 built in car seat. They will not take the risk of a fine. We stayed 5 minutes from the pier and even on embarkment day, we aited over 1 hr to get a Van to go over the bridge to the pier. Most taxi's do not carry car seats in the trunks. I suggest either taking your's, it could become a problem.

Taxis: The Tourism Taxi Program, recently instituted by the Puerto Rico Tourism Company, has simplified the fare structure between the airport and several major tourism zones in the San Juan area. When coming out of the airport, go to the Taxi stand and they'll give you a slip with your set rate on it, otherwise, you may get screwed. There are additional charges for baggage.Click here for the latest rates. The rates are per taxi. Many of the taxis are vans or minivans and can accomodate up to 6 or 7 people in some cases. The Airport is located approximately 10 miles from the Pan American Pier and 11 miles from the OSJ Piers. It usually takes about 15-25 minutes in a taxi for the trip, dependent upon traffic.

Here is his map with all the San Juan, Puerto Rico information.;)

http://www.langland.org/cruises/sanjuan.asp

Taxis: The Tourism Taxi Program, recently instituted by the Puerto Rico Tourism Company, has simplified the fare structure between the airport and several major tourism zones in the San Juan area. When coming out of the airport, go to the Taxi stand and they'll give you a slip with your set rate on it, otherwise, you may get screwed. There are additional charges for baggage.Click here for the latest rates. The rates are per taxi. Many of the taxis are vans or minivans and can accomodate up to 6 or 7 people in some cases. The Airport is located approximately 10 miles from the Pan American Pier and 11 miles from the OSJ Piers. It usually takes about 15-25 minutes in a taxi for the trip, dependent upon traffic.

Here is his map with all the San Juan, Puerto Rico information.;)

http://www.langland.org/cruises/sanjuan.asp

Thank you. I'm sorry but another question.. will a taxi take us (even in 2 seperate cars/vans) with no car seats? Can we call ahead to reserve a car/van that would include some?

Thank you. I'm sorry but another question.. will a taxi take us (even in 2 seperate cars/vans) with no car seats? Can we call ahead to reserve a car/van that would include some?

Good question.

Just to let you know, on most of the islands you won't find taxis with car seats.

I just have to share our taxi ride experience in San Juan. We had flown in a couple of days early. We had the nicest van driver take us from the motel to the pier and before we got out we set it up with him to meet us back at the pier after our cruise and take us to the airport.

When we disembarked he was right there waiting for us just as he said he would. We all piled into his van and he began loading our luggage. Well you can imagine how many pieces of luggage there was for a van full of people, but he managed to somehow get it all in there but he had to squeeze the back door shut.

We are buzzing down the six lane highway when all of a sudden the back door flies opens and out goes some of the luggage:eek: . That was bad enough but he slams on brakes, stops in the middle of the road, jumps out and starts retrieving luggage. He manages to get all the luggage (none of it got run over & none was damaged). I still don't know how we didn't get creamed sitting there like that.....

Our driver was so upset and apologized over and over. He said he had been driving this van for over 5 yrs and had never had anything like that happen. He told us our ride was free because he was so ashamed, but we paid him anyway.......heck that's the most excitement than I've had in a while.

Dianne

This happened on our last taxi trip in San Juan. The first taxi was fine he loaded our bags and charged us a price. On our next taxi ride back to the airport my husband was still in the hotel and the taxi driver started grabbing all our bags including two small briefcases of my husbands and one of my daughters briefcase and one that I carry. (which we normaly just hold on too).

When he charged us the fare he included the four small cases which really cost us alot more money.

If your child is flying on a plane with you and you are bringing your own car seat on the plane for the child to sit in, use that one. ;)

I can not imagine where or who you would call ahead to reserve one. :confused:

You might try going to the Family part of the boards and asking over there.

Click on the below link.

That is where the people with children can answer a lot of questions for you. ;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=49

PS: You Never have to say you are sorry for asking another question. :D That is what we are all here for, to help each other.

Can anyone tell me how to check out the fee for a taxi ride from the airport to the pier (Pan Am). Is the fee per person or per trip?

We'll have 9 total. 2 of these are ages 3 and 1, another scary question is ....do they provide car seats?

Hello - we were in PR this past December. After you retrieve your luggage, go outside and there will be a taxi stand. Just tell them how many people are in your party, how many bags and where you're going. They will give you a slip of paper with the fare on it. You will give this to the taxi driver and you're off! It was only a 10-15 minute ride and he dropped us off in front. For the six of us, the fare was twenty-some dollars - not too bad! The van we rode in did not have a car seat in it - I would ask them at the taxi stand.

Have a great trip!

We just got back from San Juan for our third trip out of that port, and we have also stopped in San Juan on other cruises many times. We have never seen a car seat in ANY taxi we have taken in San Juan. For that matter, I have never seen a car seat in any other port, either.

If you want your kids to have a car seat, I would definitely bring your own. We saw several folks lugging car seats in the airport through the security line, but I don't know if they would be counted as part of your checked baggage allowance, or as your carry-on item.

Have a great trip!

Wendy

We just got back from San Juan for our third trip out of that port, and we have also stopped in San Juan on other cruises many times. We have never seen a car seat in ANY taxi we have taken in San Juan. For that matter, I have never seen a car seat in any other port, either.

If you want your kids to have a car seat, I would definitely bring your own. We saw several folks lugging car seats in the airport through the security line, but I don't know if they would be counted as part of your checked baggage allowance, or as your carry-on item.

Have a great trip!

Wendy

If the child sits in that car seat, in a planes seat, the parents are paying for a seat for the child on that plane so it is not considered a piece of your checked luggage.

It might cost more, but is safer for a small child to sit in a car seat while flying and not on someones lap.

Archived