Carnival compensations

lmondrop

I was on the Triumph just a few weeks ago...and our cruise got delayed becuase of hurricane frances. I feel that we were lucky in all of the things that Carnival offered us, and didn't ever expect any of it...except a partila refund for the less days.

I was reading the weather changes on carnival.com and I've noticed that the passengers leaving on cruises this weekend that have been shortened are only getting a refund and $100 ship credit...but no 50% discount.

I just want to say as always that I feel grateful and feel lucky that we were also offered a 50% discount towards another cruise, these latest cruises are not being offered a 50%.

Just wanted to express my opinion :o

Our cruise was shortened by 1 day and 1 port before it even left. they offered us $200 on board credit /person. No future discount. Once we left we actually did not make Cabo San Lucas due to hurricane Javier on the west coast. We got $25/person on board credit. I personally think we should have received a future discount of some sort (Heck, we can get 10% if we just write a letter to them!) but I do understand that they are probably getting quite burned by all these hurricanes. Of course, we did just read recently of the obscene profits they made this past year!

They should have compensated us more for cabo, like 50, and we do deserve a future cruise credit of no less than 30% in my opinion. Of course, cabo was a 6 hour tender stop that if there were any swells would have been called off instantly.

I'm going to write to them.

"CHANGE IN ITINERARY:

When practicable, Carnival will promptly notify guests of a pre-cruise itinerary change through their travel agents, or directly in the case of direct bookings. Carnival will offer such guests an opportunity to cancel their cruise without penalty within 24 hours. No additional compensation for the itinerary change will be offered at a later time.

If an itinerary change occurs while a ship is at sea or when notice prior to sailing is not feasible, Carnival shall attempt to substitute an alternative port. No compensation shall be provided to passengers when an alternative port is offered. If an alternative port is not provided, guests shall be provided a shipboard credit of $20 per person. The Vacation Guarantee shall not be affected by this policy.

The foregoing is a summary of the itinerary change policy and is qualified in its entirety by the complete policy which is posted on Carnival's web site at carnival.com."

----------------

The above is from the "Welcome Aboard" booklet you receive with your documents. Although Carnival does NOT have to give additional compensation (as per the above policy), they DO, and from what I've heard and read on these boards, MUCH more than they are obligated to do. SO - I'm wondering why so many folks keep looking for more and more for their inconvenience in missing a port,:confused: especially since it was for their own safety?

Like I said before....I am overly grateful with thier compensations...and I never expected nothing more than just a partial refund for the shortened cruise, I am obviosuly not going to pay for a 7-day cruise when only getting a 5-day, this is about the only thing anyone is entitled too.

It's one thing to have a cruise shortened say from 7 to 5 days. Some compensation would be deserved given the shorter time on board.

However, compensation for a missed port. If it's due to weather, pax safety, etc. the compensation should be $0. If a port is missed due to a ship's mechanical failure (i.e., can't move along fast enough to get there) a MODEST amount of compensation would be warranted.

It seems like toooooo many people are wanting wayyyyyyyyyy tooooooooo much lately. Or has that been always.....??

What about the port charges that we pay up front when booking. We should atleast be refunded that.

I don't know.......???

If they don't dock somewhere else, the cruise lines don't charge you extra $$ for burning that extra oil/gas. To me seems like a wash...................

Archived