Bermuda

TxRose

Interested in Bermuda for next June. Any opinions on the Voyager from Cape Liberty, or Granduer from Baltimore? Is this too short a cruise? We enjoy sea days also.

personal opinion is that for a five day cruise bermuda is a waste of time(and I love Bermuda). On the voyager you will only be in the Dockyards and will have to take the ferry or the Bus and with 3000+ people who want to make the most of such a short time you will be mobbed.....I would consider the other choices(Celebrity or NCL)

Hi..I've booked the Grandeur from Baltimore for the 5-day to Bermuda. We love Bermuda and almost 2 full days will be great for us. Most port times are usually 10-12 hours on other intineraries. We live 15 minutes from the port.

This is a surprise for DH. I'll tell him about it sometime next year.;)

We don't do busses, etc. We rent a moped, DH drives, I'm on the back. We know where our favorite places are and we can travel much of the island in the time we'll be there. The weather in November will be mid-high 70's to low 80's, which is perfect for us.

The Grandeur will have gone into drydock for some refurbishment. I've read that it's a lovely ship.

Just a few minutes ago, I was on websites checking out hotel rooms for the top 5 hotels in Bermuda - the average price was $450/night :eek: . We'll have 5 days on a cruise for what 2-3 days in a hotel would cost plus airfare plus meals plus entertainment, etc.

Good luck with your decision.

I too will be taking a June sailing to Bermuda on VOS. I understand some think it's not enough time there. However, have always wanted to go to Bermuda, cruise seems to be the best value and hubby does not like (actually hates) smaller, older ships. The VOS seems like best alternative for us and like the other poster said, we usually only get 1/2 or 1 day in a port, so we'll make do with 1 and 1/3 days in Bermuda. We can always go back to see what we miss!! It also seems like a wonderful ship for sea days, plenty to do.

I also think that 2 days (in King's Wharf) isn't enough time in Bermuda. Next time we'll go will be on Celebrity I think. However, for a "quick cruise" or a taster of the island I am sure it'll be fine; you'll be hooked and then have to go on a longer cruise there!

While 2 days in Bermuda is not enough, it is enough time to get the flavor of the island, so you will want to go back for more! The prices of hotes in Bermuda are always high, so cruising is a great opportunity to see the island. While the Dockyards are not the greatest location, it is very easy to get around the island on buses and the ferry.

Have a great time.

As stated previously, this short cruise to Bermuda will be a great mini-vacation for us just before the holiday season.

There's an airline that has $69 flights from Baltimore right now, so flying there again is always an option for us.

I booked an aft corner js, so we'll have a great view also.;)

The necessary length of the cruise and time spent in port is obviously different for everyone. While it may not be enough for some, it is perfectly acceptable for others. It is a personal decision and only each individual can decide if it is, or is not, enough time for them. The cruise ships seem to be booking up, so there are obviously quite a number who don't mind the shorter cruise for whatever reasons. I personally would rather have a 7 day cruise to Bermuda myself, but for reasons stated above, that's not feasible for us as all those ships are older and/or smaller & hubby refuses. Whatever you decide, HAVE FUN!

we just returned from carnival miracle - as it was our first cruise - it was very nice - we went the week after charlie and the week before francis so we were very lucky - now we want to go on voyager - next year it goes to bermuda and every other weekend, the caribbean - the caribbean is 10 days, bermuda 5 - my husband thinks 10 is too long and yet 5 is too short - i love leaving out of ny or nj - i know there are other ships leaving out of ny 7 day ones - mostly carnival and i believe norweigan dawn - voyager seems like a beautiful ship - even though getting a little old but i hear still nice ship.

i wish voyager made it longer in bermuda - who knows maybe they will

Archived