I work at Royal Caribbean call center in miami

MikeZigler

Mike, you may want to modify your profile information or share your secret of longevity; it says you were born in 1910.

Welcome aboard, this is a great forum, not only for the terrific information but the amazing display of caring - just have a look at the outpouring of support and prayers for all those affected by these horrible hurricanes.

Cheers

Welcome Mike: Even though I sail Princess, you might be of some aid sometimes when a person has a general question regarding sailing. Since you are in the call center you must have alot of first hand info. that you can share when someone has a unique question.

Marilyn

Welcome Mike.

You may want to give advice but check your company's policy first. We do not want you to lose your job because you answered someone's question. You can, however, say things like check with your cruise line in the morning or post the address (correct one) for complaints.

Have fun on the boards. You are not the first or last employee to come on. Some of the ones working on the ships are here too.

:D :D

In the profile: born January 1, 1910.....and only 1 post.

It is only 2004 so Mike must be at least 94 and still working......and having good time from your responses.

Hey Mike, can you get me a discount and an upgrade ? Is Mr. Jack Williams going to let you retire soon?

Thanks,

Wes

• 6 months later...
Welcome Mike: Even though I sail Princess, you might be of some aid sometimes when a person has a general question regarding sailing. Since you are in the call center you must have alot of first hand info. that you can share when someone has a unique question.

Marilyn

lol, absolutely! if you have any questions it will be my pleasure to help

im really only 20, the age thing is just a joke.

working at royal carribean is okay, i wish there were some secret insider stuff i could share with you all, but i dont think there is any. working there for a few months, i probibly do know more about cruising then the average person whos never sailed before.

Hi, Mike!

I'll be the first to ask you a question: Can you give us any insight into why RC is so slow in opening the dates for fall/winter of 2006? I'm sure it's tied into the new Freedom of the Seas, but I can't see why they're waiting so long. It seems to me that they're just begging their customers to go to the competition.

Hi Mike,

Welcome!!! I'll be the secnond person to ask you a question. Why can't I get them to send me a small folding copy of the deck plans to the newly refurbished Sovereign of the Seas? We leave in 25 days and one of our group has problems walking and being able to pre-study the layout sure would help her. I have emailed RCI numerous times and have been totally ignored. It is our first RCI curise and at this rate may be out last!

Hi, Mike!

I'll be the first to ask you a question: Can you give us any insight into why RC is so slow in opening the dates for fall/winter of 2006? I'm sure it's tied into the new Freedom of the Seas, but I can't see why they're waiting so long. It seems to me that they're just begging their customers to go to the competition.

they are slow to come out everyyear

when 05 was available, the newyork-Voyager of the seas was quickly sold out for june-july in less then a week.

rccl only has rates until april of 06, except for the freedom. so no alaska or mexican riveria or europe yet

Hi Mike,

Welcome!!! I'll be the secnond person to ask you a question. Why can't I get them to send me a small folding copy of the deck plans to the newly refurbished Sovereign of the Seas? We leave in 25 days and one of our group has problems walking and being able to pre-study the layout sure would help her. I have emailed RCI numerous times and have been totally ignored. It is our first RCI curise and at this rate may be out last!

um! i would recommend calling the 800 hotlines for complementry brochures. (800-529-6918)

also recommended, for elderly or disabled, rccl offers pier assistance and accommodates wheelchairs/scooters

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do;jsessionid=0000IDq3U8Ww712WpfibkXD4BfS:v29bc4qk?br=R&shipClassCode=SS&shipCode=SS heres a link to the soveriegn deckplan from the rccl webpage

Mike,

I've recently booked a cruise out of Miami for a party of 5 (my wife, 2 kids: 6 & 9, my elderly mother-in-law, and myself) on the Radiance of the Seas for November 2005. I found a rare direct round-trip flight from my home city that arrives in good time on the day the cruise starts, but it departs Miami at 12:05pm on the return day. We have taken a lot of cruises (around 10 or so) and my mother-in-law likes to use the airport transfer provided by the cruise line, likely because she thinks it's more organized. I think using a taxi is quicker and costs less for parties of 3 or more. RCL charges $24 per person for the airport transfers, making it $60 for our party of 5 each way. Do you know how much the cabfare is from the miami airport to the seaport? Do you think we would be able to get to the airport more quickly to catch our noon flight on the return if we took a cab instead of waiting for the airport transfer bus? Thanks in advance for your help! My mother-in-law is really kind to take us on these family trips and she even pays for them too, but she is not the easiest person to deal with when it comes to the details. HELP!!!

A taxi will cost you 20 bucks per cab- a regular cab will not fit all of you so look for a van type taxi- for a noon flight I would not wait for the cruise lines shttle as you have to wait til its full before it leaves. I would opt for the taxi.

yeah, our transfers now require flight times, and i think departure transfers are only available for flights leaving after 12 or 12:30.

transfers are normally 12 bux per person from miami, 24 round trip, per person.

its $20 and $40 to fortlauderdale airport. prices seem to go up every year.

on the first day of sailing, i would recommend going to the persers desk, and requesting early disembarkation. youll fill out papers with your flight times, and theyll give you colored baggage tags that will get you off the ship much earlier. (some people even make up flight times to get off early also)

the ship probibly gets back to pier at 8 am. so you'd have plenty of time to catch a taxivan to get to the airport imo.

Hey Mike-Welcome, my turn to ask a question. I made my reservation (by phone) way more than a month ago and paid my deposit. I have requested both from the agent that booked me at Rc and the customer service depart. a copy of the confirmation with the agreed price in writing. To date have received nothing.:mad: I have asked and asked. I just want to see in writing what I am paying for before I pay in full-it is after all a binding type contract. Customer resolution says I need to talk to the person who took my reservation, but she does not return my emails and I work kind of crazy hours so calling her is not conveniant right now.What's the deal??? Also, can I request an agent change??? Thanks in advance for any insight you can give.

Hey Mike-Welcome, my turn to ask a question. I made my reservation (by phone) way more than a month ago and paid my deposit. I have requested both from the agent that booked me at Rc and the customer service depart. a copy of the confirmation with the agreed price in writing. To date have received nothing.:mad: I have asked and asked. I just want to see in writing what I am paying for before I pay in full-it is after all a binding type contract. Customer resolution says I need to talk to the person who took my reservation, but she does not return my emails and I work kind of crazy hours so calling her is not conveniant right now.What's the deal??? Also, can I request an agent change??? Thanks in advance for any insight you can give.

hi cruzinrph,

good question. a new policy that started at rccl this month, was any new booking made by direct guest now require a deposit as soon as booking is made. there is a newer department , where agents only deal with direct guests and i think they make commission, they demand payment immediately, so now we all have to ask for it also.

as for confirmation, after payment is made, we ask if guests have fax machines because rccl doesnt offer email yet. (another inconvience). if not, an option is that we can mail you the fax.

i think that if you call the 800 number and just give them your reservation ID, ask that a copy of the fax be mailed to your home address.

Archived