Freedom Of The Seas with a 2 year old?

Krys&Cory

Hello,

We're booked on the Fredom with a large group next January. There is a couple traveling with a 2 year old little girl. Any advice on the cabin they should choose? Has anyone traveled with 2 adults and a toddler? I'm curious about sleeping arraingments and how that would work. If they choose not to use a portable crib, is the couch in the inside stateroom big enough to accomodate a toddler?

Also, I know that RCI does not offer day care for children under 3, are there any other programs available for 2 year olds? Do they offer in-room babysitting for 2 year olds?

Any information you have will be helpful.

Thanks so much! :rolleyes:

Balcony cabin is a great things to have when traveling with a toddler. The child will probably go to bed earlier than anyone else in the cabin, so the parents can head outside for a little alone time, instead of tiptoing around the cabin.

There is more than enough room in a D1, D2 balcony.

For a bathtub in the cabin, some extra space AND priority embarkation (which is a great thing to have with a toddler), then have them get a Junior Suite (if budget allows)

Anything more than that will just give them more space, extra perks, but it is of course more $$. The couches on Freedom are more than enough room for a toddler.

RCCL has IN CABIN sitting at night for any child over 1. It is up to $12/hour (I think). You have to put a request in at the customer relations desk as soon as you board.

They also have 45 minute sessions to be attended with the parents called Aqua Tots and Aqua Babies. This isn't done in the AO room. It's done separatly from Adventure Ocean. They have some toys to play with.

If the 2 year old isn't potty trained, then the child can use the "Baby Zone" at the H20 zone. It's a separate area of the H20 zone for non-potty trained tots.

I have pictures of many of the things I mentioned if it would help. Just let me know and I will post them. :D

Balcony cabin is a great things to have when traveling with a toddler. The child will probably go to bed earlier than anyone else in the cabin, so the parents can head outside for a little alone time, instead of tiptoing around the cabin.

There is more than enough room in a D1, D2 balcony.

For a bathtub in the cabin, some extra space AND priority embarkation (which is a great thing to have with a toddler), then have them get a Junior Suite (if budget allows)

Anything more than that will just give them more space, extra perks, but it is of course more $$. The couches on Freedom are more than enough room for a toddler.

RCCL has IN CABIN sitting at night for any child over 1. It is up to $12/hour (I think). You have to put a request in at the customer relations desk as soon as you board.

They also have 45 minute sessions to be attended with the parents called Aqua Tots and Aqua Babies. This isn't done in the AO room. It's done separatly from Adventure Ocean. They have some toys to play with.

If the 2 year old isn't potty trained, then the child can use the "Baby Zone" at the H20 zone. It's a separate area of the H20 zone for non-potty trained tots.

I have pictures of many of the things I mentioned if it would help. Just let me know and I will post them. :D

Thanks so much for the info! The parents and baby are all first-time cruisers and i've never known anyone that has cruised with a small child, so i'm trying to gather as much information as possible for them.

Thanks again!

Thanks so much for the info! The parents and baby are all first-time cruisers and i've never known anyone that has cruised with a small child, so i'm trying to gather as much information as possible for them.

Thanks again!

That's what we're here for :D ;)

If you need anything else or as more questions come up, please let us know.

Hi There, I just came back from Freedom of the Seas with my twin 2 1/2 year olds a few weeks ago. They had a wonderful time and so did I! It was just myself and my boys so we had an inside cabin. We all slept in the main bed. One of them definitely would have fit on the sofa easily, although I probably would have had to turn it to face the wall so they didn't roll off.

I found that my kids napped so well, that as soon as they fell asleep I was able to turn on the lights and pull the curtains between the bed and the rest of the room. They slept fine and I could read, watch tv etc.

My boys were potty trained, so they could use the H2O zone, which was a good thing, because I don't think I could have kept them out of it if I had to without skipping the pool deck altogether (saying this since the baby zone is connected to the bigger H2O zone).

If you have any other specific questions let me know.

Archived