Children's menu during dinner at the Windjammer - RCCL Liberty?

jillyfish

Hey! Just posted this question over on the RCCL board but thought maybe some of you Moms over here would give me a quicker answer.;)

Does anyone know if they will serve off the main diningroom's childrens menu during dinner in the Windjammer on the Liberty of the Seas?

I thought I had read they do this on Princess, which we enjoyed this dining experience with so I was wondering if Royal Caribbean does it too.

Unless we missed something, no. We only took DS there one evening, before our ressie at Chops. DH just walked the buffet for him. Grabbed some minute steaks and mashed potatoes. Did notice that there was less kid friendly food in the evening versus lunch. May have been the night we were there. If you want dining room food, you may fare better trying for room service. Hopefully someone else will chime in with more certainty. Michelle?......

I am going to say, no probably not. And here's why.

There is the kid's menu (I have it posted at the link under my siggie but you probably already saw it). The kid's menu is handed out in the dining room only.

Then on Liberty you have alot of dining options other than the dining room

--you have Johnny Rockets ($3.95 cover charge, all you can eat then)

--Sorrento's Pizza (free) -- they have pizza, salads, pasta salads, specialty breads and desserts

--Cafe Promenade (free) -- they have all kinds of deli sandwiches and bakery products like the Cookie of the Day (YUM)

At WJ for dinner they have a buffet of food much like the food they are serving that night in the dining room.

Next to WJ is Jade, an Asian food buffet.

So, if your child is not eating with you in the dining room, you can always go somewhere else and find some more kid friendly choices. ;)

And then if all else fails, there is always room service.

My kids NEVER starved, put it that way. :D

Thanks for both of your replies. :)

Michele, I had seen your posts on the main diningrooms kids menu, great information!! There is a lot on there my son would like. However, the Windjammer seems more relaxing and at a pace better for us. Our son does generally eat dinner with us, it's a family vacation right?!?!?:) That is why I was hoping they would serve from the main diningroom's childrens menu in the Windjammer.

I will check it out in May and report back if we find anything different than what was posted.

Thanks again!!

Oh!! the cookie of the day is right up his alley..........he has never met one he didn't like!!

Michele, I had seen your posts on the main diningrooms kids menu, great information!! There is a lot on there my son would like. However, the Windjammer seems more relaxing and at a pace better for us. Our son does generally eat dinner with us, it's a family vacation right?!?!?:) That is why I was hoping they would serve from the main diningroom's childrens menu in the Windjammer.

I will check it out in May and report back if we find anything different than what was posted.

Thanks again!!

Oh!! the cookie of the day is right up his alley..........he has never met one he didn't like!!

Oh yeah, the cookie of the day was my favorite part of the day...lol. :D

So are you going to eat at the WJ too then? You could always check it out that night and see if there is anything he would like. Then skip on over to get take out from another restaurant and bring it back to the WJ :)

I know, it sounds like alot of work...lol.

Oh yeah, the cookie of the day was my favorite part of the day...lol. :D

So are you going to eat at the WJ too then? You could always check it out that night and see if there is anything he would like. Then skip on over to get take out from another restaurant and bring it back to the WJ :)

I know, it sounds like alot of work...lol.

Thinking about all of us eating at the Windjammer. We enjoyed this type of dining while on Princess, the only draw back was finding our son something simple enough, other than desert :rolleyes:, to eat.

Thanks again, you always have great advice!! :)

Thanks again!!

Jillyfish - If you don't mind my two cents, I would suggest trying the dining room. On Explorer, 8 of us travelled together, which was 4 adults and 4 kids aged 8,8,7 and 4. We all ate together every night. We did have dinner in the WJ once because we got back to the ship late after an excursion (which was fine). But, the kids LOVED the dining room - the full experience. The waiters were awesome and paid special attention to the kids. We were quite relaxed - it really wasn't stuffy or anything and the kids fit in just fine. My daughter in particular could win the pickiest eater of the world award and she ate well every evening in the dining room (and all over the ship). The waiters ensured a great dining experience for all of us. They even cut the kids food for us so we, as parents, were able to relax, have a glass of wine, talk, and eat a calm meal without having to follow them back and forth to the buffet stations. The WJ was great for breakfast/lunch but we enjoyed the dining room. We felt pampered and extra-special.

Just wanted to add my thought... whatever you decide, have a fabulous vacation!

My 8 yr old daughter and myself are cruising 5/24 on the Liberty of the Seas. When is your cruise. Looking for other single travelers that may be cruising. My daughter always loves the food too. Sometimes she gets room service and wants to go to the kids program. Even if she doesn't eat much at dinner she always enjoys the people, has fruit and desert. You could always grab pizza and take it to the Windjammer so you can eat together. Let me know if you are on the same sailing. Cathy from Georgia

Thanks again!!

Jillyfish - If you don't mind my two cents, I would suggest trying the dining room. On Explorer, 8 of us travelled together, which was 4 adults and 4 kids aged 8,8,7 and 4. We all ate together every night. We did have dinner in the WJ once because we got back to the ship late after an excursion (which was fine). But, the kids LOVED the dining room - the full experience. The waiters were awesome and paid special attention to the kids. We were quite relaxed - it really wasn't stuffy or anything and the kids fit in just fine. My daughter in particular could win the pickiest eater of the world award and she ate well every evening in the dining room (and all over the ship). The waiters ensured a great dining experience for all of us. They even cut the kids food for us so we, as parents, were able to relax, have a glass of wine, talk, and eat a calm meal without having to follow them back and forth to the buffet stations. The WJ was great for breakfast/lunch but we enjoyed the dining room. We felt pampered and extra-special.

Just wanted to add my thought... whatever you decide, have a fabulous vacation!

Thank you for your 2 cents!! :)

You do make the diningroom sound appealling.

On our last Princess cruise we enjoyed the "Windjammer" type dining better because the one time we did eat in the diningroom it dragged on sooooo long!! I do enjoy being waited on at dinner though and not getting up and down to get my own food.

Thanks again. I saw you were/are cruising in March, hope you had a great time!!

Thank you for your 2 cents!! :)

You do make the diningroom sound appealling.

On our last Princess cruise we enjoyed the "Windjammer" type dining better because the one time we did eat in the diningroom it dragged on sooooo long!! I do enjoy being waited on at dinner though and not getting up and down to get my own food.

Thanks again. I saw you were/are cruising in March, hope you had a great time!!

If you can get a table by yourself in the DR, then the meal *can* be done in an hour or less.

On RCCL, it seems like our drinks are there as soon as we sit down. Make the meal decisions rather quickly and get the entire meal ordered.

And we can have Main seating and get the kids to AO by 6:45pm every night. If we are running late, one of us leaves and takes the kids to AO so we can enjoy dinner alone. But I can guarantee that if it's just your family at the table, the servers will go at YOUR pace. My kids meals are always on the table in under 20 minutes. :)

If you can get a table by yourself in the DR, then the meal *can* be done in an hour or less We have requested a small table and we will double check when we board. BTW, our table on Princess was also just us, and it took F O R E V E R!! :rolleyes:

And we can have Main seating and get the kids to AO by 6:45pm every night. :) WOW!! what time does main seating begin on Freedom class?

:) :) :) :)

:) :) :) /quote]

Dinner starts at 5:45pm on Freedom (I think...lol) my mind isn't working today :rolleyes:

And I meant to say "dessert" alone. We never have dinner alone. :)

Either way, the kids are at AO by 6:45pm without fail. Actually they sit there saying "Is it time yet? Is it time yet? How about now? Now?" :rolleyes:

:) :) :) /quote]

Dinner starts at 5:45pm on Freedom (I think...lol) my mind isn't working today :rolleyes: You're allowed, after all, it's MONDAY :p

Gosh, 5:45 seems early!! :eek: That would mean going back to our cabin by 4-4:30 to get ready for dinner!! Do you recall when second seating begins? On RCCL's website it shows first at 6:15 and second at 8:30 with a notation that times may vary.

Archived